By ANON - 21/08/2015 06:22 - United States - Mission Viejo

Today, one of my ears randomly went deaf. I went to the doctor, thinking I had an ear infection or something. Turns out that your ears can go deaf entirely without reason, and I now have medication to take to see if I can get any of my hearing back in that ear. I'm only 26. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 092
You deserved it 1 633

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey, there's a great Deaf community here. You're not alone, and you'll love it here. :)

Comments

redneckmaine 3

That's happened to my dad 5 years ago, he's still deaf in that ear

If its been 5 years then I guess things aren't looking up for OP.

Because different people's medical conditions affect them all the same way, right 14?

that happened to my left ear when I was 14. I didn't get any hearing back at all. :(

But you're alive and still able to be happy. Just a little wiser. You look great, hope things going well.

I can sympathize OP. I've had that same issue as well and it's been an ongoing issue since I was 18 or so. It only happens to me in my right ear (so far) and it's only temporary but for someone who was born with a minor hearing loss, to completely lose hearing in one ear temporarily, life can be difficult. I've been to audiologists and ear, nose, and throat specialists and nobody has been able to figure out what's going on.

Look on the bright side OP. If you're deaf you dont have to worry about loud stuff while you're trying to sleep.

Ever heard of a fire alarm? Kind of scary to not be able to hear that while sleeping. I speak from experience.

im deaf an in an ear its not that bad except trying to find a casual way to keep people to a certain side of you so you can hear

teachers use to think I wasn't paying attention in class because I turn my head so my good ear is towards them.

deaf people can do anything hearing people can except hear

There is surely a reason, can't be just an out of the blue thing.

Exact same thing with my friend around the same age. I this was hers until I saw that this was posted from California. Good luck with the meds. Hope they help.

TMramrod 15

That's so weird the same thing happened to me last month while I was at work but mine just turned out to be an ear infection. I had it really bad in my left ear and sort of in my right but it took about 3 weeks to regain hearing completely. Hopefully your hearing isn't permanently gone OP!

MidnightAya 11

Hey there op, don't get too worked up about it. Same thing happened to my coworker a few months ago and she's 2x your age. Her doctors couldn't find anything wrong, then one morning she woke up with her hearing back.

stuner56 22

I have a friend who that happened to when she was a sophomore in high school. I guess it can happen to anyone at anytime