By Anonymous - 22/03/2009 02:36 - United States

Today, one of my co-workers invited me to a cookout at her house with some other people from my new job. She said to wear my suit. Assuming she had a pool, I showed up in a bikini, only to find everyone else wearing business attire and staring at me like I had lost my mind. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 039
You deserved it 69 608

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would they be wearing business suits to a cookout? Who does that?

Not so much an FML, you should have asked her to specify. You'll be made fun of, and laughed at about it later.. I suggest when that time comes make a snazzy comment like "Well, I stood out and I had the best outfit there. Always expect me to make an entran (e(insert wink he) e)" Don't dwell on it too much, it'll drive you insane.

Comments

alex_vik 0

#10 - Yes, I actually have. It's not like they're unheard of. Heck, some people I know wear a suit every day.

aaaaa12345_fml 0

i would expect anyone who shows up to a cookout in a suit to have mental illness/retardation

aaaaa12345_fml 0

i would expect anyone who shows up at a cookout in a suit and tie to have mental illness/retardation.

KrazyKatz3 26

What kind of stupid cookout calls for a damn business suit? Why not just dress casually for a simple outdoor picnic?

I thought this was a guy writing it at first, but why would you just walk right in, in a bikini in the first place lol

I can't fathom the logic in hearing "suit" and assuming "bikini" under any circumstances, to be honest... But hell, I'd have just shrugged, laughed and stayed the whole night in the bikini, you'd never be short of conversation all night :)

Suit = Swimming costume??? Interesting, I shall be sure to wear one to my job interview ;)

youre an idiot if she said to wear your suit, you should have worn your suit its that simple moron

if she meant that she had a pool she would have said BRING a suit not WEAR a suit.

I think I know which one you're talking about. Is it the one where they get invited to a pool party and show up in bikinis but it turns out to be the game and not a swimming party?

Javee 17

That's the exact one. I've read that too, it was one of those 1 page segments.

Weren't you wearing anything over your bikini when you got there? What are you bikini girl?

You kind of deserved it for just assuming she meant bathing suit. But I can understand why that would seem like a more reasonable assumption than a formal suit! Who has a cookout with a formal dress code?!