By Anonymous - 11/05/2015 06:59 - Canada - Maple Ridge

Today, once again, I explained that yes, I'm Russian. No, I'm not a communist. No, I don't pray to a picture of Putin riding a bear. And no, I don't have any vodka on me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 301
You deserved it 3 554

Same thing different taste

Top comments

No vodka on you? What good is being Russian? I'm sincerely disappointed, OP.

Wizardo 33

As any well trained sleeper cell is meant to do buddy.

Comments

getfokinrektm8 9

Oh my god, professor. You can't just ask people why they are white!

Dreamteambooya 3

Every Russian hates Gorbachev

I'm of German descent and people used to ask me all the time if I was related to Hitler. First of all, Hitler didn't have any kids. Second of all, there were more people in Germany than just Hitler. I would always ask what ethnicity they were and ask them an equally stupid question. Oh you're French? Are you related to Napoleon?

FieldLeftBlank 20

Everyone knows that's the place with the koalas.

the French wouldn't ask such a stupid question..

amandathemermaid 19

Well they would, but they'd surrender before the person would even get the chance answer.

Hey! Take that back. I am related to Napoleon!

orsombre_fml 11

LOL A French would know that Hitler was Austrian. Your example does not sound credible.

As a Canadian I feel the pain of this. The stereotypes are crazy. My stepmother met a woman who actually believed we sleep in igloos.

I once had a woman note how poor people are if they "live in those tiny houses on the lake." She was referring to ice fishing houses.

I went to an interview in Seattle and told another interviewee that when it snows, we ride our pet polar bears to work. He said it makes total sense.

Most of Canada's population lives within 100 kilometers of the US border, so I wonder why they think we are just instantly snow ice and polar bears haha. It's a political border, not climate

"Oh you're from Canada. You haven't seen a mosquito before". My step father while visiting family in the U.S

I just thought yall were all really nice.

How do you know when a Canadian is going on a date? The entire dog team has had a bath.

Hey, look at the bright side. At least they didn't accuse you of ruining DotA 2 games.

getfokinrektm8 9

Stereostype sure suck. I'm sorry, OP, I hope you still have a nice time in Canada or wherever you are now.