By Anonymous - 11/11/2010 05:48 - United States

Today, on the subway, a little tipsy, I sat down next to a guy I thought was cute, hoping to enjoy some harmless flirting. I said, "Hello." He said, "May I ask you a question?" I said, "Sure." He said, "Can you please move away from me?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 910
You deserved it 33 694

Same thing different taste

Top comments

robc32ca 4

you say tipsy he saw stinking drunk.

Quest_ 13

Stop sexually harassing innocent strangers on public transport and this won't happen anymore.

Comments

schwancy 2

im sure you play hard to get all the time.

tweetypie 18

And she's playing hard to want.

Are You sure it isn't Just a dream like Nelly had? JK JK XD

catkat1988 17

I'm not sure what you did, but unless you were either extremely drunk or did something that qualified as sexual harassment (which simply sitting down and saying "hello" don't), he had absolutely no right to be that rude. I don't know why some people seem to take pride in snappy comebacks or rejections that are in no way justified by what was said, done or meant in the first place. I'm not at all suggesting the guy was obliged to indulge in the flirt, but if he wasn't interested, there are more polite ways to reject a conversation - such as simply moving a few seats away, pulling out a newspaper or a cellphone, etc.

How is politely asking if she would change her seat more rude than getting up, moving away, and studiously ignoring someone? You have a deranged idea of social customs if you think that would've been polite. And how is that a snappy comeback? If a person smelling like alcohol sits next to me and attempts to initiate a conversation, I'd do the same thing. He doesn't owe her his conversation and he was damn civil when he needn't have been.

funzcpl 0

totally agree imaginary foe! I don't want to sit and talk to some stinky drunk person either.

14, the guy actually handled it just right. some people don't get that you would rather have dental surgery without frolics than talk to them, even if you're on the phone while reading a book. this was the best thing the guy could have done short of punching op in the face...and if op had been a guy, she would still have been too dense to get it.

Exactly, oc. Had she been the sober passenger, there would be many "Kick him in the nuts!" or "Eww, what a creeper" comments. He was totally justified and reacted appropriately.

#60 Oh, I still think that the man should have kicked OP in her metaphorical nuts. I.e., I'm glad that he told her to back off.

I don't quite understand why op should be kicked in her "metaphorical balls." From the information we were given, all op did was say hello, and if op was only tipsy it's not like she was all over him. let's give op a break

Did you write this when you were "tipsy" as well? This could have been said WAY differently without as many pauses in a run-on sentence.

Apparently the buuggy cares. Why would you invalidate someone's feelings like that? Do you have something against people who have something against run-on sentences? Have you been hurt by a run-on sentence in the past?

A couple of run-on sentences killed my parents when I was 5. It was in a drunken car crash and they drove away and just left. I know it was an accident, but I still can't forgive them...

See! See! Killa hates run-ons, and rightfully so! They are EVIL!

... and don't forget drive-by sentences either ....

smiley_ily 0

at least he stopped you before you went farther? maybe he's already taken or he's being a good boy and not talking to strangers ;)

Possibly you either stank of booze and/or peed/pooped yourself as you were a little more than tipsy. Either that or your just not his type and/or fugly. But whatever way it went down don't worry, your life is not ******. Not everybody who you think is cute is going to think the same about you. Everybody who dates will get rejected at least once... usually more.

sinnedrebel 0

is this a FML or a late night drunk text? please post your picture of people of Walmart.com

sinnedrebel 0

moderated? WTH moderate this $&@" #%€¥£|. @$$&&#%*¥

sinnedrebel 0

moderated again? booger eater.

funzcpl 0

not every body likes drunk bitches.

Illyssa_fml 4

Well, he didn't want to talk to the crazy drunk chick on the subway? haha

hcovballer247 0

You most likely deserved that one..