By latypik - 30/09/2012 07:21 - China - Hefei

Today, on the road in China, I committed a small offense. A cop saw me, stopped me and told me that I deserved to be punished. He didn’t fine me, instead he sent me to the naughty step for five minutes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 717
You deserved it 185

Top comments

It's where you sit in a chair or on the stairs for a time-out, lol. I guess that's better than getting fined, haha.

As someone unfamiliar with Chinese customes, what is the "naughty step"?

Comments

As someone unfamiliar with Chinese customes, what is the "naughty step"?

It's where you sit in a chair or on the stairs for a time-out, lol. I guess that's better than getting fined, haha.

#6 - Thank you for explaining what "the naughty step" is.

It's not really a chinese custom, it's popular worldwide.

TigranPet 24

At least he didn't fine you.

This is no FML... this a MLIA (My Life Is Awesome)

That's how it starts. First, you do something small. Something that you don't think really matters. Then you get sent to the naughty step, and from there it's a downward spiral. People start referring to you as "Braga", and you eventually wind up moving to Mexico to continue your spree of small unimportant traffic crimes. Your notoriety grows until you're top ten on the FBI's wanted list. Then Hollywood finds you and offers you a role in one of the upcoming 37 Fast and the Furious movies, which you accept, of course. And now you're a cult leader in Beverly Hills. Illuminati, proven.

Amusing! How long did you have to sit there for?

read the last two words in the story. there is your answer

They said there were no dumb questions...they were wrong...very wong.

Whoops. That's what I get for trying to multi-task. My bad!

SaltyCheeseFry 4

Ahhh, I remember being 5 years old.

That's much better than getting a fine though!