By Joey - 24/07/2012 05:04 - United States - Tampa

Today, on my way to work, I noticed a woman on the side of the road waving for help, her car appearing to be broken down. I pulled over, stepped out of my car, went over to her car, lifted the hood, and checked it. When I looked up to tell her what was wrong, she and my car were gone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 736
You deserved it 8 349

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's part of the reason it's so hard to help people anymore.

thats why cars have keys. take them with you and that cant happen!

Comments

thatpeachyperson 12

I think the logical thing to do here is call the police. Surely if you give them your licence plate number she'd be caught easily.

Op, the woman was obviously Batman's daughter. Only he and Catwoman can disappear that well.

thats of course the logical thing to think of but do you really think they wouldnt think of that ..

RedPillSucks 31

of course, he probably also left his phone and wallet in the car as well. OP's life is doubly ******.

No, you call the Ghostbusters *facepalm*

thats why i don't stop to help anyone. who doesn't have cellphone nowaday. I helped someone once, never again

Why would you leave your car keys in the ignition?

alphatoomega 21

The better question is, why didn't he lock the car and take his keys with him in the first place?

I fail to understand the swarms of people who help out with thoughts like "call the police", like this just happened a minute ago and the poster is frozen in time, waiting for you to solve their problem. You do notice it's not a sitcom, right?

RedPillSucks 31

They can still call the police even if the theft happened days ago. However, I do imagine OP did that prior to dashing to FML.

Wiringify 22

Didn't you hear your car start? >.

Obviously... it was still running, otherwise why would the keys still be in the ignition?

Octain 13

You can still leave the keys in the ignition when the car is off, you know that right?

Yes, but why would you? I would never leave my car keys in my car if I'm not in it, mostly because I have a habit of locking the car door as I'm getting out, and this leads to me locking my keys IN the car.

Damn. That stuff is only supposed to happen in movies.

countrygirl626 16

Normally, getting your car stolen isn't a YDI. But when it sounds like you left it unlocked, with the keys in the ignition, I have to say YDI.

So you left your car with your keys in the ignition while helping out a stranger? Yid

Not saying it was a smart move but the OP probably left the car running to keep the AC on. It's so flipping HOT!

countrygirl626 16

With the scammers now days, there is no valid reason for leaving the keys in the car when stopping like that.