By Sherlock - 03/02/2010 16:02 - France

Today, my youngest son had to have stitches on his chin. He did great; I passed out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 522
You deserved it 7 340

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Jeez, people. Obviously, none of you have kids who have been injured and/or sensitivity to blood and wounds. People faint at the sight of blood sometimes, or they get upset and overwhelmed when their kid has been hurt. I say FYL, OP. But at least your son got through it.

Comments

boredsoldier could u stop trolling all these posts?

just shows him how much you care of him... not a fml

AGGoddess 2

#18: That says nothing about how well she takes care of him. He could have gotten hurt in the schoolyard, or at a friend's house, or the house of another family member. Obviously you never had any accidents as a kid.

angieluvsit 0

haha, wow. you have a brave kid.

flavormyheart 0
crazyb56 0

two camels in a tiny ******* car!!!; indeed flavormyheart

catkat1988 17

Oh, that's not so bad. Some people faint when they see blood, and it's nothing to be that ashamed of. Sometimes it's even an advantage. I had once hurt my arm falling on my bike and my dad suggested my mom take me to the ER to get some stitches. I just went with it because the wound looked so disgusting I couldn't look at it. When I got to the ER I made the mistake of looking, and pretty immediately fainted. Turns out when you lose consciousness they're forced to think you either have a fractured bone, concussion or internal bleeding. I had none of those, and I told them, but they had to check it out immediately, and when they realised nothing serious was wrong, they figured out they might as well clean it and stitch it up immediately so I could get home. I spend 5-10 minutes waiting in the ER that day, normally a trip to the ER can take around 5-6 hours. And on a different occasion when I was much younger, my mom fainted in the ER while they were fixing the nail on my thumb. I never thought any the less of her for that.

bbyqrl123 0

YDI for posting a shitty non-FML.

Obviously, none of these posters are parents. You have no idea how gut-wretching it is to see your child hurt. OP, I can sympathize with you on this. I can keep it together until the emergency is over, then I fall to pieces.

I don't have a kid, but my sister busted her upper lip by jumping on the couch, falling, and hitting our heater unit. She was bleeding, crying, and had to get it glued together. I've never been so freaked out in my entire life. I ended up crying too because I was scared and, as I said, freaked out. People need to quit being so heartless. Having someone you love, ESPECIALLY your own child, get hurt is awful.