By boo8713 - 28/11/2012 06:06 - United States - Bell

Today, my wife wants to name our first child Siri, after the iPhone function. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 467
You deserved it 2 858

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well I hope your first child is smart, because people are going to be asking him/her a shit load of questions

Amazing. Your child will be talking since the birth.

Comments

Are you sure it's after the iPhone function, and not just an unusual name? If its after the iPhone, that's ridiculous. Why would she want to name her child after technology?

1dvs_bstd 41

You should totally name your second child cydia!

intelliDude 7

Iris is a pretty name- on my baby name list

Siri is a old nickname form of Sigrid which means Victory and beautiful, it is and old Norse name, nothing wrong with it. Way better then Mallory which unfortunate or Kennedy which means misshapen head. It was also my Great grandmothers name.

Why do people thumb this down? Check the facts - the person is right! The name Siri was around way before iPhone and I don't think anyone is going to remember that phone when she's all grown up. Your wife may have to explain to people the origin of the name though. And I hope that she didn't really get the name from the phone.

Why do people thumb this down? Check the facts - the person is right! The name Siri was around way before iPhone and I don't think anyone is going to remember that phone when she's all grown up. Your wife may have to explain to people the origin of the name though. And I hope that she didn't really get the name from the phone. Also, she needs to figure out how she wants the name to be pronounced, because there's two ways and people may mix those up quite often, which is often annoying for the person named.

Siri is a fairly common name in Sweden. I think it's pretty! :)

HighasaCloud 46

It actually just might be worse. "After the iPhone function" could be a cover and she actually wants to name the child after the **** star Siri.

Someone needs to improve their reading and comprehension skills.

sierra142 19

Could be worse, a woman just named her daughter hashtag.

I've heard about parents who decided to follow the Beckhams and name their child after the place the child were conceived. Poor Lay-By must be on the receiving end of so much bullying...

dancer4life143 13

I heard about a family in India who named their daughter Facebook