By PsychoBillyGoat - 26/05/2014 00:47 - United States - Anchorage

Today, my wife's cat ran away. After spending a lot of money making "Lost Cat" flyers and driving around for hours passing them out and searching for her cat, he walked downstairs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 043
You deserved it 9 818

PsychoBillyGoat tells us more.

My wife was worried about the cat because he is elderly and needs meds every 12 hours. He also has no claws ( we got him that way). He has never been outside before but lately he has been trying to get out. Also we live in Alaska, more to worry about then cars and dogs getting him

Top comments

\ 28

Never underestimate the cloaking powers of cats.

at least you showed her how much you care

Comments

catanita 18

My parents have 5 cats. They do not worry if one of them do not show up a day or two. They wonder the neighbourhood after mice, little birds.

catanita 18

I wonder why i got negative votes. What i wrote is about cat behavior and what it does. Even if it is tamed the wild side is still there. They love to wonder, to discover, to play outside.

You got negative votes because we all know what you did last night. Disgusting...

You're right about cats; they can come and go as they please and only come home for food and shelter when it pleases them. But maybe the OP's wife's cat was an indoor cat and that's a different behavior. Anyway, don't sweat the thumbs down.

I don't know what the penguin is thinking and too scared to ask.

12 problem is, if this cat is an indoor cat, that's different. I have 3 cats who are all indoor cats and if I don't don't see them for a day, I'd be pretty worried they'd gotten outside or something

They also decimate native species and are at risk of catching diseases or at risk of serious injury/death. Cats should be indoor at all times unless they have access to an outdoor cat run.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

#94 Soo what about barn cats? Some people need cats...

Omg =))) thats just pure bad luck! Its fine you'll laugh about it later ;)

Cats are really good hiders, apparently. My mom's cat went missing once, for almost an entire day. We put up a few flyers, asked around, stuff like that. Turns out he was hiding in one of the bedrooms.

Always shake the biscuit box, if anything will make them come to you, it'll be food!

ooops , I'm sorry, I accidentally thumbed you down! That's actually a really good idea!

You don't say you thumbed them down, you just forget it and move on.

I spent a whole afternoon running through the neighbourhood looking for my kitten, it turned out my cat was sitting on her the whole time. Cats are assholes.

Having 2 cats, I know how this feels. I know check the whole house before I'm going outside. Never made flyers though, I just walk around shaking the bottle of whipped cream (they love it).

linda_stone 13

You'd like him to stay lost?

I was babysitting my neighbours black cat once, for a week at my house. Within an hour i thought i lost her, literally did NOT see her once the entire week. When the neighbour came by to pick her up she found her on the top shelf of a unit in my basement. Like a chameleon that one.

Throw the cat outside and wait for someone to bring it back. Then the signs will not have been in vain!