By momof2boys - 19/01/2010 09:59 - United States

Today, my two boys decided to draw in permanent marker on the leather seats of the car I have had up for sale for 3 weeks with no interest. I call my husband to tell him we're going to have to keep it. He just made an appointment with a guy who has cash and is ready to buy it tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 999
You deserved it 5 210

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You obviously don't know how to raise kids if they managed to vandalize on the car seats.

Hermyoni 0

You Deserve this. A Car is no place for a child to play. You should of had the doors locked and the keys out of reach. Also assuming they used permanent marker they must be young. How did you not see them head outside with markers open the car and draw inside.

Comments

try drawing over it with dry erase marker then wiping it up some times that works or just get full coverage insurance and park the car on a hill and let the kids play in it some more, they will figure out the e-brake

I have "Goof-off" in my garage for any marker accidents with my kids, it works wonders!! My 4 yr old was watching a dvd on my computer and colored all over my monitor screen with sharpies while I was refilling our drinks. Got it right off of the monitor, wall, desk...lol! Good luck!!!

Lady, take some nail-polish remover, rub it on a rag, and then wipe the marker off. Acetone (main ingredient in nail-polish remover) pulls off marker stains like nobody's business. Though make sure the seats are ACTUALLY leather. If they're pleather, acetone will probably dissolve them too.

perdix 29

In the words of Flo from the Progressive ads: DISCOUNT! Just knock down the price by what it takes to fix the damage! Tell your brat kids that the loss represents the trip to King's Island or Cedar Point they are NOT going to get. Does it take a wizard like me to figure shit like this out?

Rubbing alcohol also works on permanent marker. How do people always seem to think that permanent markers are actually permanent? You obviously have the Internet, google it instead of submitting your story on FML.

youthink_fml 0

If they're young enough to do things like this you obviously aren't watching them closely enough. If the car was outside, do you realize what could happen to them while you're not watching them? They shouldn't have access to the inside of your car, period. What would happen if they starting playing with the gear shift? YDI.

You need to discipline your kids. So FYL for being a terrible parent. (btw - alcohol may remove the stains)

Sazuki 0

btw I hope u know that u can erase pemant marker with pure alcohol or hand sanitizer

I foresee two boys getting grounded for a while in the near future.