By ColdFoot - 03/10/2009 06:38 - Australia

Today, my train was canceled so my ticket expired by the time another train arrived. I was fined $90 by ticket inspectors 'cause my claim that the early train didn't run was "unsubstantiated". Leaving the train I was pushed by the crowd, fell, lost a shoe and had to walk home with one bare foot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 154
You deserved it 2 740

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You could've hopped home like Peter Cottontail hoppin' down the bunny trail. Hippity, hoppity, Easter's on its way...

Comments

connex totally fail. not enough space, not enough trains, not enough trains that run, and not enough train lines.

not to mention trains that start and stop, sit between two stations for 20 minutes just for fun, doors that randomly don't shut, overcrowding, etc etc etc

grimface1987 1

Not to mention trains that dont run if its too hot or too cold or too wet or too windy!

sportsnut 0

this is yet another case where the you COULD have avoided any problems but chose not to do what you should have done. What you should have done was go to the ticket counter and get a NEW ticket. Problem solved, YDI

__no_one__ 0

Then, usually you can go to some staff member and have them give you a written confirmation that the train was canceled. That's what I had to do when I had a ticket that was bound to a specific train and couldnt' get that one. The staff member wrote something, signed it and stapled it to my ticket, and the ticket inspector said it was okay. Hadn't I done this, I'd have been fined for an invalid ticket. You can't just expect that every ticket inspector knows about every canceled train on that day - people try that kind of excuse a lot, so unless you provide documentation, they'll be wary of people trying to bullshit them.

You obviously don't live in Melbourne. There are no ticket counters, just machines, and our ticket inspectors are actually insane.

no there ARE ticket counters, just not at all the stations - only the main ones

Death_101101 0

and half of them aren't there when they're supposed to be

#3 Thank you 4 totally making my day! That's 2 FUNNY!!! Best comment ever!! ;)

ToddSpald 0

There has to be a customer service center that handles that. Refuse to pay it. It's seriously a false claim if the original train was cancelled.

What's all this about 2hr tickets? Over here in England we're only tied to a specific train if we pre-book/ are given a reservation.. Otherwise just single or return, and some returns are open (come back anytime within a month). Of course there's peak and off-peak, and off-peak tickets can't be used early a.m on weekdays... How does it work elsewhere??

in Melbourne, Australia, you can buy a 2 hour ticket. this basically lets you use the public transport (be it train, tram or bus) as much as you like within those two hours - even if you leave the station and come back, you can still use that one ticket if it is valid. (you can also get tickets for other lengths - daily, weekly, monthly, yearly...)

What happened to your shoe!!?? im surprised no one has asked, i mean you fell over and your shoe fell off, well what happened to it? Did someone see it on the ground and was like yes!!!!! shoe my shoe, not your shoe mine, i finally have received my shoe i deserve, i love shoe