By Amore - 09/12/2014 19:15 - France - Bois-colombes

Today, my son told me the Christmas letter he wrote to Santa was a joke and he didn't want the stuff he asked for. I already bought everything. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 023
You deserved it 4 257

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hiimhaileypotter 52

You should return it and get him coal instead. ;) Serves him right for misleading Santa!

"Joke's on you, son! Santa's not real!" For real, though, you could always just donate it to charity.

Comments

Perhaps if he had asked you instead of writing a letter to Santa.

Just let 'Santa' teach him a lesson on why you shouldn't tell lies.

Well, what all did he ask for on the list? Was it super expensive, and can it be returned? What is on a 7 year olds wish list these days? I remember asking Santa to bring me back my cat that ran away, when I was 7... Bringing back my cat was all I wished for when I was 7, and for two years after, I would have a list of stuff I wanted but then I'd write that he could forget the rest of the list if he brought back my cat, because that would have meant the world to me...

Why would you buy it? Does this mean santas not real?

bring the presents and him to an orphanage and make him hand them out to someone.

He's probably trying to see if Santa is real or not at that age kids start to question things like Santa I know a lot of now 5 -6 year olds already doubting Saint Nick, he must assume Santa would know magically what he wanted rather then what is on the list but at the end of the day the best gifts are not the one from the box just tell him to be thankful a lot of kids get nothing for Xmas no matter what you decide to do with the presents (return and get new or keep) he will realize in time how lucky he is to have such a loving parent!

kellyem2 20

I know a lot of kids that pulled a similar stunt to test if Santa was real. Either way, the OP should have a talk with their kid. You could pull a great lesson in appreciation out of this situation.

You should do at my mom used to do if she bought me something and found out later it wasn't on my list. Just take it back!

tell him he gets nothing for Christmas because he got everything he asked for and since he dosnt want it then he can't get anything.

Donate to charity, sell it on eBay or somewhere or just give the presents to him anyway