By Mom - 25/07/2009 21:14 - United States

Today, my son decided to come out of the closet by wearing a shirt that said "Mom, I'm gay" to the family reunion. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 874
You deserved it 26 212

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tea_bag_fml 0

I want to high five your son.

So not an FML, just accept your son for who he is, and kudos to him for being brave enough to come out to the entire family!

Comments

Well, he figured 'what is the fastest way for everybody to know..?' and he succeeded pretty good I guess.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Or maybe more like "Hey, I'll just come out to my whole family at once" Of course since he is gay he must be a spiteful little bitch, right? /sarcasm

ovyind 0

It's a much more effective way, doing it in front of everyone who matters. That way you don't have to go through the pain it is to tell everyone one at a time.

lol, how is it "hey i'll come out to the whole family at once", when the t-shirt just says "mom". Srsly, he wasted good money on a t-shirt.

letitbe56 0

Why should anyone be embarrassed? That's the mentality I take issue with here. If the news were "Mom, I got into Yale!" or other "good news," would people be saying this was an "embarrassing" way of telling people?

The only reason you would do something like that is because you want to make sure your mom can't react to the news bc she doesn't want to cause a scene. It has nothing to do with coming out to everyone at the same time bc like someone pointed out the shirt said, "mom, im gay."

letitbe56 0

If people didn't think it were such a sensitive issue, it could have been a humorous way of telling people.

Horsegal 0

letitbe- Actually, yes, I would have reacted the same way. Why? I don't care what it is- don't come out with the news like that. It is embarassing to the parents that their child makes such a scene!

AngryC4t 0

SUCCESSFUL TROLL IS SUCCESSFUL. OP'S SON PWN3D YOU ALL HARD!! SUCCESSFUL TROLL IS SUCCESSFUL. OP'S SON PWN3D YOU ALL HARD!! SUCCESSFUL TROLL IS SUCCESSFUL. OP'S SON PWN3D YOU ALL HARD!! SUCCESSFUL TROLL IS SUCCESSFUL. OP'S SON PWN3D YOU ALL HARD!! SUCCESSFUL TROLL IS SUCCESSFUL. OP'S SON PWN3D YOU ALL HARD!! SUCCESSFUL TROLL IS SUCCESSFUL. OP'S SON PWN3D YOU ALL HARD!!

I don't get why people are getting so hung up on the shirt saying "Mom, I'm gay"? Where the **** have you seen a shirt that says, "dear family at this reunion, i'm gay"?

I think he should have posted an fml. my mom is a bitch who is embarrassed of me because of who i am. fml Its sad that you dont know your kid enough not to know he was gay

I agree with the second part but at least she didn't bet on her child's sexuality as other parents have on this site.

If you have a problem with him telling people that he is gay u dont deserve to have a son. You wouldnt have had a problem if the shirt said that he was straight.

and your FMLing because your son gathered enough courage to finally tell you? So what if he wanted to kill all the birds with one stone. YDI.

Niiice! At least he did it in style :D

Jeff Foxworthy said, "You might be a redneck if you view the family reunion as a chance to meet women." So, is your sons cruising dudes he's related to?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I so0o hope you are being sarcastic...homosexuals have no morals ?!?

So? Do you accept that your son is gay? He opened up, maybe not in the way anyone would expect, but still..

Well can you really blame him? I mean after all if he told you he was gay it would make an akward conversation. So it would just be easier to wear a t-shirt like he did. And besides your family would find out sooner or later.

At least he is honest. May you now allow him to live in peace!