By SocialAnxietyNightmare - 09/02/2012 16:42 - United Kingdom

Today, my social anxiety got so bad, I nearly had a panic attack when too many people joined my World of Warcraft party. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 678
You deserved it 17 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Icejza_DaChilla 7

Turn off the PC and go find another human to interact with. It may be painful at first but it will get better.

Comments

Petunia888 13

Holy shoes...can't even imagine what standing in line at the dps/post office must be like for you! Time to find another game to play? How about solitaire?

linkinpark98 23
BlueHue 0

I prefer my shoes not to have holes in them... But that's just my preference ;)

yourmurderscenex 13

Another reason why today's generation sucks. So many people (not all) have become so socially awkward because of games like this.

StromyG2 10

It's probably the other way around. They are socially awkward, so they play these games.

You've got it, 26. ^^ I play FFXI but I play it like it's not MMO because I'm not big on talking a lot. Solo & duo! But then I get all mad and throw a tantrum when I can't do awesome stuff you need an alliance for. I don't get mad enough to join a party though... maybe I should see what this Skyrim is all about.

@36 You should definately see what Skyrim is all about.

Nah, if there were no video games, the sociallu akward would go outside and thus see light. And get a life, but tgat comes later

No, 46, we wouldn't have to go outside and see the light. Many of us read a lot and would just read more. And there are action figures to play with too. We will never go outside. ^^ (I kid. I like it outside... when everyone leaves me the hell alone!!!)

SheepShoop_fml 20

There is a difference between social awkwardness and social anxiety. The former is rather easy to deal with in due time, the latter creates a variety of issues and barriers that, depending on the person who has the problems, may be extremely difficult to work through. Social awkwardness is often just not knowing how things work or being uncomfortable and awkward during an outing. Social anxiety is irrational, a fear of doing any variety of things (talking to strangers is very common). For the socially anxious, it isn't just an 'awkward' feeling. It's a heavy sense of worry, a rush of anxious nerves, and ultimately avoidance of situations that set it off. As someone who has worked diligently to get over what could have been a crippling case of social anxiety, I strongly dislike seeing the two confused or lumped in together. If you do not understand it, just know that it is not 'easy' to deal with.

FALSE! I never played any video games but I'm still socially awkward. I'd rather stare at my walls All day long than go outside ._. I'm that afraid of people...

I play games like these and have friends. The key is to keep your virtual life and real life seperate.

Social Anxiety and Being Socially Awkward are two very different things. Anxiety is a metal disorder caused by many different things. So no, you can not blame Anxiety on video games.

StromyG2 10

That has to be miserable, you should see a counselor. Take small steps and work toward a happier existence.

Gherazz 0

Well you're fat and have gay hair

StromyG2- did you really just recommend going to talk to a stranger to someone who has a phobia of talking to strangers? Do you see the horrible irony there?

SwtCherryPie 26

It is a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER game... if you dont want social interaction play Skyrim.

Don't take life too seriously. It's short and you won't want to have regrets.

Not used to pugging 25 mans huh? Stick to your 10 mans.

Clamcreepy 7

You should've CC'd(crowd control) sprint and blinked away.

Clamcreepy 7

Or fear and run like a bat out of hell lol

Glitterhinoceros 14

Dismiss pet, disengage, feign death Imo :o

**** huntards even though I use to play one :P Go Rogue or Go Home.

Hey guys, I'm the Blood DK ready to ruin your fun! I'll take you all at once and win. :)

77 = good looking girl who plays wow.. What? Also, how does one sprint and then blink without switching toons? I mean, you could spec into improved blink and get a speed boost after you blink, but that requires blinking first.. And how's your nerf treating you mr Blood dk?

Clamcreepy 7

Says the guy with a comb hanging from his crimson chin

Excellent advice (sarcasm)! Insults will never help someone overcome personal problem. It makes them run away from their solution.

Says the guy with a comb in his beard.... (I hope it's the right picture since my app messes pictures up all the time)

-35 not everyone who plays WoW is a no-life. I used to play it and it din't affect my social life at all.

I've played since it came out.. Doesn't affect my social life. Nerds unite.

Omg, I stopped playing that game even though I loved it, because I hated meeting new people

You should probably at least try to see someone. Or make friends. Either way.