By T4K3R5 - 06/07/2009 08:11 - United States

Today, my sister got her car repossessed. In order to get it back, my mom took $4,000.00 out of my bank account promising she would pay it back within a few months. She lost her job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 466
You deserved it 4 037

T4K3R5 tells us more.

T4K3R5 0

Okay im just going to say this now so everyone will get this. I have my OWN bank account that no one has access too accept me. I opened it when i was like 16 and got my first job. I saved the $4000 in a separate account that was in my moms name before i was 16, which i got just from mowing lawns and stuff. So Everyone stop saying "Well your dumb, that's your fault for letting your mom have access to your account". Also im not going to get into details, but it wasn't really my sisters fault, so i don't blame her. My sister and my mom have helped me out with a lot of things too.

Top comments

Sketch_y 0

dude, it is not his responsibility to pay for his sister's car. and it's awful that his mother took out his HARD EARNED money for the sister. sounds like OP didn't even get much of a say. that he had savings doesn't mean that he had "money to spare". what if he was saving for his own car?

Comments

skullbuster 0

Not sure - but this sounds like one of those deals where you are some kid who has a bank account in your parent(s) name and it holds your Christmas/Birthday/Bar Mitzvah/Communion/etc money in it. Or you gave your mom access to the account - either way, not sure she just "took it". Suck it up, you helped your sister and your Mom can't be unemployed forever, can she?

T4K3R5 0

No, its not birthday or Christmas money or anything like that, and no it's not in her name. And don't tell me to suck it up. Yeah i helped my family which is cool, but still loosing $4000 in a flash isn't something to just wipe off your shoulder.

skullbuster 0

You didn't lose it...she said she will pay you back. Shouldn't have provided access to your account if you didn't want her to touch it!

dude, first off there's no guarantee that he will get it back. second, even if he gets it back in, say, 6 months, he's not able to use that money for 6 months let alone get any interest on it. you're right, he didn't actually lose the money, but he is at a loss. also, out of all people in the world that you can trust to not take your money, if you can't trust your mother, that's pretty unlucky / messed up.

That really sucks, but I agree with #10. I feel bad for your mom. And #9, what is your problem?

freddie_fml 0

Wow, everyone in your family sucks.

bb1_00 0

that sucks I feel srry for u nxt time dnt let ur mom get money out of ur acct.....

your mom is gonna enter the world of prostitution. nice going.

kyle_kbo20 0

that sucks. it was your sis who messed up by getting her car repo. should of been her who suffered not you.

I completely agree with #9. this has happened to me several times on a smaller scale, although my mother simply does not pay me back. With a lot of banks, your parent or legal guardian is required to have an access card of their own for your account, if it is a checking account- it is not the OP's fault, and i feel for him. While it is not OP's fault his mom lost her job, neither is it her right to take her child's money to pay gor his sister's repossessed car. If he chose to, then that just sucks- either way, his dis needs to find a job and pay him herself.

My mom's name was on my savings account when I was a kid. She used to run her own business and one of her customers wrote her a large check that bounced. The bank pulled the money out of my account. I got it all back right away, but I made sure the account was in my name only from that day forward.