By ivyleaguebabe - 03/06/2009 21:48 - United States

Today, my sister asked me to help her set up for my niece's birthday party. Being the lazy person that I am, I got my niece to blow up the non-helium balloons. Apparently she's allergic to latex and I'll be the one paying for the hospital bill. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 757
You deserved it 60 004

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AndelleRae 9

I voted YDI, but I think I may have been a bit hasty. Who's to say that the allergy was well known? I mean, I know parents today, and if their child is allergic to something, they don't keep it in the house. I think if they knew she was allergic to latex the wouldn't get latex non-helium balloons. If they knew about it and still got them, they should be the ones paying the hospital bill, because it's their own damn fault there were latex balloons in the first place. Chances are they didn't know, and what a way to find you. At least she's okay, right?

allsmiles 0

Allergic to latex? Poor girl.... ;)

Comments

thesaras 0

Was there more latex involved cuz in da hospital for a balloon is rideculess.

PleaseSayTheBaby 0

#12 Learn to spell idiot. OP her life is ******, not yours.

I agree, not your fault. Little girl should suck it up, balloons do not inflate themselves.

Come on, give the guy a break. He didn't know about the allergy, and little kids for some reason like blowing up balloons. Admit it, you liked filling them with air and letting them go watching them fly all over the place whilst making a funny farty sound.

Wow...I'd refuse to pay it. How old was she?

littlemisslee 0

I said YDI, but I wish I could take it back. Why would the mom have it around the kid in the first place??

Oh what the hell, that's ****** up. :/ Like it's your fault their daughter is a weakling.

xXCherrryBombXx 6
konnie 0

as the little girls aunty you should have known about the allergy, what a slack family member. why agree to helping if you couldnt be assed doing anything? you deserved that.

do take balloons when you visit her at the hospital :-p poor girl, awful allergy to have.

Wait, you made your niece blow the balloons for her own birthday party? YDI