By What-_- - 25/01/2017 00:00

Today, my roommates keep opening my bedroom door to "let the WiFi out." FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 450
You deserved it 549

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The roommates are leeching off OP's WiFi from the sound of it, or the router is based in their room. Either way, it sounds like OP should invest in a lock so they stop being not only idiots but also stop violating OP's privacy.

Comments

Bubbles_the_klutz 9

Tell them to buy a signal repeater if they're that worried about it so they can have their peace of mind that they're getting the full use of what I'm assuming it's shared Internet and you can have your privacy back.

Maybe move the WiFi router just outside the room. You can't argue with stupid.

lone_fenrir_1 1

make cynicade pills look like candy give it to idiots as "intelligence pills"

GIJoefan 6

Your roommates statement is so stupid it hurts.

Actually, this isn't as dumb as it sounds. Modern wifi systems use A combination k of 2.4ghz and 5ghz. Both of these are relatively high frequencies, which means that they do not penetrate solid objects all that easily. Depending on how strong the router is, as well as other obstacles in the building, having a door open or closed could have a noticeable affect on signal strength.