By Anonymous - 12/06/2014 00:00 - Canada - Winnipeg

Today, my roommate's pets conspired against me. "The dog ate my homework" has apparently become too clichéd for them. The new excuses are, "My cat chewed through my laptop power cable" and "the gecko ate my pen drive." FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 649
You deserved it 4 889

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Your pets opened the door by themselves ran ouf of the house and they never came back."

There's always room for interesting excuses.

Comments

WinterBlue42 22

Can't help you with the gecko, but I'd suggest putting some kind of citrus on things you don't want the cat to chew up. FYL for sure though, laptop plugs are EXPENSIVE!

as long as they don't believe "dog ate the homework"... " gecko ate the pendrive" will be just too weird.

Maybe OP's teacher will think the excuses are so weird they must be true? Hopefully, but not likely.

The parrot tore up my textbook, the lion ate all the pencils and the elephant sat on my car. . .Whoops

Are the pets okay? Those don't sound edible

The gecko is fine. It's good that he had... insurance.. Get it? Cuz the gecko is the mascot for Geico so he had... No, you're right... I'm sorry... I'll go think about what I've done in time out.

That was actually a pretty good pun. I'm just glad OP's roommate doesn't own any camels. "Joe." "Joe." "Joe." "Guess what day it is?"

I'm sorry for both you and the pets (hope they're okay) but this is hilarious :D

One time I told my teacher that my lizard pooped on my homework, he believed it in a heartbeat. I actually had a lizard, so it was completely unbelievable.

That's one badass gecko if he can eat that and be okay.

rocker_chick23 27

When you're not using your laptop cord, put it up. Cats love chewing on cords.

Ultimawolf25 19

Yup my cat always loves chewing on mine! Good advice!

I hope the cat is OK! One of my cats once got electrocuted by chewing on a power cord.