By Anonymous - 06/11/2015 20:47 - Poland - Warsaw

Today, my roommate called me, but she's a cunt so I ignored her. A few hours later, I found out her mom and dad were in a serious car accident and she needed a ride to go see them at the hospital. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 997
You deserved it 32 256

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lexiieeex3 32

Usually if you don't like someone and they don't like you they wouldn't call you unless it was something important and they absolutely had to.

Mackade 18

You shouldn't ignore your roommate because they're a ****, what if it was about the house or dorm?

Comments

spacefish966 18
corky1992 33

Probably should have answered..I'm assuming since you don't get along that you rarely talk on the phone but that should have been enough reason to answer. Should have known it was possibly important.

With no prior knowledge, you wouldn't answer a call from someone you hate either. no one thinks "oh that person I hate is calling, it must be important"

What the hell is wrong with most of you people? OP has no obligation to her roommate, especially not to answer the phone. If it were about a bag of chips, you wouldn't be calling her a jerk for not answering. OP's roommate could have just have easily sent a text explaining, after the missed call. Or, you know what, caught a taxi. And OP would have surely helped if she knew what the issue was; it's not like she were deliberately ignoring her roommate. Everyone who called OP a **** is stupid and mean. Grow up.

So everyone calling op a **** is mean yet op isn't when she was the first to use it? I think it's cruel to expect the roommate to go out of her way to try to message op, who would probably still ignore her, or get a taxi. Not to mention op is here saying HER life is ****** because she ignored her roommate when the roommate is the one in a terrible situation.

It is cruel to expect the roommate to get a taxi? If they are just roommates and not friends, OP is under no obligation to drive her around , be it for fun or to the hospital. Just because you know someone who has a car that doesn't makte them your private taxi service.

I agree with you. We have no idea what op was doing when her roommate called - they could have been at work or testifying to the Supreme Court - and therefore unable to pick up and because of ops dislike of the roommate didn't ring then back when they were able (they could have condensed this due to the character count on the fmls). Or op could have been on her way home anyway - seen the call and, thinking the roommate was calling to complain or not wanting to talk to their roommate, decided to wait until they got home to speak to them (not unreasonably thinking that it wasn't an emergency call). Name-calling is never nice but it's not like the op said it to their roommates face, cut them some slack. They clearly feel bad about what's happened, despite it not being their fault as they had no way of knowing about the accident. Note the fml mentions one call being ignored - not several calls and texts which you would expect of someone in a panic begging for a lift - so op is perfectly entitled to believe it was just a mundane call asking them to buy milk, for example. Man, this comment came out a bit long. Hopefully I've explained myself properly!

Seeing who is calling and then choosing not to answer is in fact deliberately ignoring them.

#54... Which is exactly why Caller ID was invented. I ignore calls from people I don't want to talk to all the time, even people who I don't dislike, so why exactly is OP in the wrong for ignoring a call from someone who clearly hasn't been nice to her in the past?

I never said OP was either right or wrong. 14 said "It's not like she were (sic) deliberately ignoring her roommate." I commented because that sentence is completely false. Yes, OP purposely ignored the roommate. That's the whole reason for the FML. Defending OP by saying it wasn't deliberate makes no sense.

"And OP would have surely helped if she knew what the issue was; it's not like she were deliberately ignoring her roommate" I thought it was obvious that #14 meant OP wasn't deliberately ignoring her because she didn't want to help, if she had known she probably would have answered.

It seems I need to spell it out: it's not like she was deliberately ignoring her housemate's dire need to be driven to the hospital.

You can never trust what a roommate says after they **** you over so many times.

I don't know why some people are acting as if they wouldn't have done the same thing. I know plenty of people who don't like one another and still contact each other, and it was not always for something important. However, it was usually because the person simply just wanted something. I had a roommate like that myself, but instead of calling, she wrote me a message on Facebook asking me to sign something for her after having already forged my name on something else knowing we had a mutual dislike. I can understand why the OP ignored it first hand. I probably would have too, and I'm sure there are more who would have done the same thing.

laylahallab 5

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

If this call was made by and to a cell phone a text could have been made to say that it was important this isn't ops fault at all and shouldn't feel bad.

Not your fault op, not even your problem. I'd of ignored them too after my last roommate experience. Also they can call you, yet they can't text you? Hmm perhaps they were in prison Idk but sounds like they weren't going to count on you so much.