By Anonymous - 13/12/2009 20:22 - United States

Today, my partner and I were spending quality time with a newly single friend. She quoted some song lyrics, saying "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, make an ugly woman your wife...". We all laughed, and then my partner said "Boy, you got THAT right." FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 196
You deserved it 3 902

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lyric fail. It's "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife."

Rabbity 0

Maybe I'm strange, but I never liked the phrase "partner." If they're lesbians, just say girlfriend.

Comments

boatkicker 4

Haven't heard that song in AGES, but I love it. Thank you OP, for reminding me of a good song.

I created an account just to reply to this FML. My grandfather wrote that song and it makes me really happy to see all these comments. :)

boatkicker 4

Your grandfather is an amazing man, in that case. :D

Rabbity 0

Maybe I'm strange, but I never liked the phrase "partner." If they're lesbians, just say girlfriend.

Rabbity 0

Or wife. I just assumed they weren't any form of married because of the wording.

waterynuggets 0

#57 A lot of people who are gender queer use the term "partner" when talking about their, well partner. It has nothing to do with implying the relationship is different. Heterosexuals who may use the term partner are usually elderly southern people who have been with someone for a long time but never married them IME.

I agree that using the term "partner" doesn't necessarily mean that someone is implying that the relationship is different. When I talk about a future spouse (or the hope of having one, haha), I usually refer to that person as my "future partner." I'm female, and that partner will most likely be male... But I like the term, and I don't see anything wrong with using it. It's just a different word to describe the same thing.

Maybe your partner was commenting on the general state of affairs in heterosexual marriages when the female half of the marriage is an attractive young woman, and the male half makes the mistake of assuming that happiness will automatically follow when he marries the young attractive female. Maybe her comment had nothing to do with you or your relationship. Stop acting like such an over-sensitive, heterosexual woman. Man up.

FairLouisa 0

I actually took this to mean she was joking that you're too pretty and you're making her miserable. Still an FYL but either way I think it was a joke...

TheWaaaaambulanc 0

******* dykes. OP, if you're doing your job ight, you shouldn't be a pretty woman but an ugly dyke. Neither FYL or YDi because this is a compliment.

Ouch. No matter which way you turn that, it doesn't sound nice. :P

perdix 29

She may be ugly, but she sure can cook!

and screw? Anyway, if OP is 'lucky' he meant his mistress and not her =D

nobridgejustwate 0

OP is a girl. OP's girlfriend is, well, also a girl.

It was a joke, people are so sensitive about everything.