By :) - 29/05/2013 07:31 - United States

Today, my parents yelled at me for 10 minutes without letting me get a word in edgeways for getting a 48 on my test. They took my phone, unplugged my internet, and took my car keys. They wouldn't listen no matter how many times I told them, "It was out of 50". It actually was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 72 660
You deserved it 4 063

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sigh. Parents. Congratulations on your 96% though.

fishstick557 14

Ask your teacher if you could bring the test home

Comments

I had the same thing happen to me, my teacher emailed my parents that I had a 5 on my homework for the semester, and I was grounded. It was out of a scale of 5.

Ask your teacher to email your parents and explain that it was out of 50?

kathryn14 19

Dude i feel you pain! That happen to me quiet a few times. Ask your teacher to write a note n then shove in your parents face and be like "see told you i wasn't lying "

Most parents would then respond to that by grounding you for being cheeky and disrespectful. Just explain it calmly and don't get emotional, otherwise you'll just give them an angle to work against you with.

Asian parents. Next time, you have to get 100 out of 50, or you will be disowned.

God dammit, I was gonna make a similar comment minutes ago but didn't wanna be "that guy" walking the line of the racism clause.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Sometimes parents just don't understand.

Why do parents react this way? Sorry OP hope they listen the next time you try and explain something.

I always had to get straight A's through school or I would be disowned. I feel your pain OP.

Perdition25 12

I would have to say tell them the letter grade you earned first, then the number of correct answers.

Lichinamo 33

Some schools don't do letter grades, just actual numbers. That's what my school does.