By Anonymous - 03/12/2009 00:34 - United States

Today, my parents invited all their kids and grandkids to join them on a vacation trip to the mountains; all their kids except me, that is. I'm not invited. But they did invite my ex-husband. And his new girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 529
You deserved it 3 384

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

That sucks for sure. Though if the OP has kids, but ex has custody I can kinda see this happening.

eeeh my parents would only invite my ex to the mountains to push him off... Hey maybe thats why they invited them? Its most likely that they wanted some time with the grandkids and this was the only way. Must be hurtful tho honey Im sorry for you I know Id be livid.

This is probably what they are planning and they just wanted you to have a good alibi OP!!

Gotta say YDI on this one. Some people are total ******* drags on vacations and are notorious for complaining about everything and being unable to just shut up and relax and have a good time. My oldest sister is like that and, after a long "girl's trip" between my mother and my sisters, upon returning my mother said she would never invite or bring my sister on a vacation again. She doesn't have any ill will toward her, she just doesn't want to put up with the misery, selfishness, constant attitude, bitching, and arguments. When you take a vacation, you're supposed to leave that stuff behind, not take it with you. You're divorced, too, so maybe it's not just trips, but your personality in general. Has more than one person ever called you a ****, to your face or behind your back? How 'bout a whiner? Snot? Infant?

There's no evidence of this, "anti-vacation". I wouldn't say YDI, not enough info. Sorry your sister made your vacation crappy, but would your mom invite someone in her place? I think I'll reserve judgement on this one...not enough info.

ouch! were u a terrible child or something?

Also, a trip to the mountains sounds like everyone sharing cabins. Who wants to be cooped up with a buzzkill?

I'm gonna say there's more to this story and you probably deserve it. If you've ticked them off so bad, they'd invite him, you must have done something pretty horrible. Are you divorced because you cheated on him or gambled away all of your money? There's got to be a pretty good reason your family would invite his girlfriend along too, since that's deliberately a huge disapproving slap in the face.

BikerMike 0

I am with you on that. You must have pissed someone off or are a royal pain in the ass. Take a hint you stupid **** they don't want you for a reason. Especially since they invited the ex-hubby AND the girlfriend.

2468CV2468 0