By ironyisabitch - 02/06/2012 05:43 - United States - Rohnert Park

Today, my parents grounded me for finding their stash of weed. The irony is killing me right now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 323
You deserved it 3 081

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tony1891 22

should have smoked it. at least then it'd be worth getting grounded for.

I tried smoking weed once when I was a little kid, then I found out that there were two kinds of "weed" and I had the wrong kind.

Comments

It is ironic. Lots of kids are getting punished for their parents discovering their weed. But the OP got punished for discovering his parents' weed. See the irony now?

Threaten to report it to the police if they don't learn to share, OP! Sharing is caring. :D

With parents like that, you must be having a hard time. Good luck OP.

liquid_sasquatch 10

Did they find you smoking their stash?

the_anti_hipster 7

Begin comments by people with sticks up their asses about how weed is bad, OP's an awful person, blah blah blah, in 5...4...3...2... Lighten up. Relax. Hey, I know something that does just that!

And honestly, it's not even OP's fault. It was THEIR stash of weed, not his. I doubt he was turning over tables looking for it. I'm just bracing myself for another weed flamewar. The mods really let us have at it on the last one. :)

the_anti_hipster 7

Alcohol was once illegal too--as was divorce. Tying your giraffe to a telephone pole and bathing an elephant in a pond is also illegal. I acknowledge the need for decorum and laws, but I have difficulty with arbitrary laws on a "war against drugs" that has failed miserably and cost our nation billions of dollars. Plus, the hypocrisy in the OP's post is super hardto get past. I know your point, mods. I really do :)

Lol "weed can be very dangerous" that made me laugh. Ya its dangerous if you're mixing it with other hard drugs. I used to think weed was a "dangerous drug" and that its illegal because its "bad" truth is its the complete opposite, but it dosent matter it wont change the way you see it. Yes there are probably spelling errors.

Weed is illigal because in the early 1900's it was cheaper to make paper from hemp then it was from trees so the paper manufacturers lobbied (using studies that were later debunked) for it to be illigal. Untainted marijuana is one of the least harmful mind altering substances there is. In fact it can't directly kill u either from OD or long term side effects

George Washington, the first US president, was also a huge hemp advocate. Look it up.

You and your parents need to sit down light one up and talk it over OP.

Don't make a big deal out of it It's just a joke

I don't understand how betraying your family is funny.

I'm probably gonna get thumbs down or rage replies but I think they should just go right ahead and legalize marijuanna for recreational use. Not only would the excitement/rebellion disappear for a lot of kids (meaning that most of them might not touch it at all) but it would help the economy (if it was sold over the counter) and spare us these sorts of fmls because family game night would take on a whole new meaning. (I'm perfectly aware of the negative repercussions of smoking weed, but that's why you shouldn't do it ALL the time.)

This is a very touchy subject, but I think your explanation is very....well thought out. Personally I'm on both sides of the fence on this issue, but your comment was very intriguing. Thanks for a good read. :)

If you're not being sarcastic: You're welcome :)

Nsh, I wasn't. Maybe I should've added more smileys. :))))

I wouldn't say /legalize/ it but rather decriminalized and regulated. Slap a tax on it, make it little more than tobacco cigarettes or other controlled substances like prescription drugs. Education than abstinence is the smarter route. My only regret in saying that is that I enable all the good-for-nothing abusers and layabouts when I take this stance.

mintstashinurtea 5

at the end of the day people are going to use it no matter what the legal status is on it. so they may as well help the country out and tax it.

People don't need to smoke any weed be good-for-nothing abusers and layabouts. Many people are just born that way. It's easy to blame substances for people's actions. I agree with your overall, though.

hthelittleone 10

Thank you so much for posting this comment. It's like alcohol, if my parents locked it up, of course I'd want it. But if it's available, it's not as exciting. I used to have to have medical marijuana for chemotherapy, and it does a world of difference in the field of nausea. I agree, I think it should be legal.

I giys are so sad. U dont smole it u call the police and leave it. Weed KILLS u

Seems to have killed some of your brain cells already.

52 I want to Falcon Punch you right now, right in the f***ing face.

And that's ******* Chuck Norris talking. No point running, prepare to get turned inside-out.

It's funny how there NO deaths recorded from weed EVER. as for tobacco an alcohol they cause over 30 million deaths a year. Weed helps cancer patients an shit like that an it's proven it doesn't hurt your lungs but improves them.

There is a recent study that shows that the CBD in weed is an extremely effective treatment for schizophrenia without any of the side effects of current pharmaceuticals.

c8750 2

Please #52, give me an example of how weed "killed"

How many times have you heard of someone smoking so much weed that they just died? It would be something new for me.

149 it's basically impossible, you'd have to smoke about a pound or more of it- by that point it would be more of a smoke- inhalation issue than a weed issue. Someone might have the errant paranoia attack when they get high but that is NOT an overdose.

158 ud accually have to smoke roughly ur own weight of regualar quality weed to od

165 thanks for clarifying, I said more than a pound just to give some scope. A pound is a lot, and if what you said is true 103 Lbs. of weed are safe from me! At least in bulk... Hah.

perdix 29

"My house, my rules." You may live in a stoner house, where weed is ok, but beer is not. Go live with the drunk family next door, where the rules are switched. In my house growing up, we could say the standard dirty words, but our parents would execute us if we said the N-word. There were kids down the street who used that word a lot, but would get smacked for saying "hell" or "damn."