By junko - 18/11/2015 01:44 - United States - Tyngsboro

Today, my parents found out that my younger brother has been smoking pot. As his punishment, he can't be home alone anymore. And apparently, I'm now his full-time babysitter since I "don't have a life anyway." FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 976
You deserved it 2 046

junko_fml tells us more.

Hey, everyone! OP here. After this happened, my parents enforced the rule for barely a day before they realized how stupid it was and how impossible it is to enforce. My brother (who is 18, by the way) ended up finding loopholes in every punishment that they gave him afterwards, while I lived my life of freedom. Thanks for your advice, guys; I enjoyed reading your comments!

Top comments

tell your parents you won't care if he smokes again then they will most likely find a different alternative to babysit him

Smoke together. Won't be so boring when you're home.

Comments

So get a life...be more sociable...then they actually have to do something about his weed habit...instead of you watching him...

you should smoke some together, could be fun and relaxing instead of being a punishment for both. there's nothing wrong with that if you don't exaggerate

But then when they find out, OP will probably get the same punishment.

Stiggy626 25

the younger brother is 18. so how old you think op is?

Good on your parents for punishing him. Shame on your parents for assuming you don't have something better to do.

"i like weed" said the rapist kids. don't do drugs only rapist and murders do drugs- some guy on the street corner near Walmart

Let him do it. It's not your obligation to look after your brother. My parents once tried to make me responsible for my younger sister's curfew. I let her go out for however long she wanted and then told them if I have to be responsible I might as well set the rules. Guess who took care of her immediatly again.

Just start smoking it with your younger brother that'll teach them.

Honestly don't let them do that too you, I know how it feels to be the default babysitter and it sucks. I started babysitting my little sister when I was 10, we are 8.5yrs apart. Now she's 12 and my parents still don't want to leave her home alone, especially at night, even though they did it with me not only at a younger age, but also babysitting her at the same time. At this point I've told them I have my own life and responsibilities, whether I'm doing something or not, they don't get to decide when I look after her. I love my sister, but she is not my kid, she's theirs, if they were going to hand off their child all the time, maybe they shouldn't have had one in the first place.

Weirddate 11

#25 You should lay a guilt trip on them. Ask them why they care so much about her at this age and left you alone. Pull the "she's your favorite" card!

Haha I've tried something like that, although I wouldn't call it a guilt trip, more just pointing out some inconsistencies and unfair treatment. Their response is she is a different kind of kid or whatever, which I'll admit she is. I am more independent and responsible, I've always acted mature for my age, where she acts kind of young. However, the only way she is going to get responsibility, and "grow up" so to speak, is if more responsibility and challenges are put on her. Either way it has gotten better, cause I refuse to put up with it anymore.

They will really get pissed if you guys get high together...or pretend like you're both high.

Tell them to buy some drug tests instead and take away his phone or something until he can't pass them

Not to be rude, but oh well, go get a life then.

"Not to be rude, but I'm rather rude." Rude. Roood. Roud. Like that's not even a word. Roooooood. Rewd. Lol, that's just like, noise, man.