By wallamanut - 14/12/2014 07:50 - United States - Portland

Today, my parents decided to finally kick me out of the house because they've gotten tired of seeing me "sleep around all day and being so lazy" whenever I'm home. I'm currently triple-shifting for 6 days a week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 870
You deserved it 2 847

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Man, parents sure can be hard on their kids..

How helpful they're being...now you're tired and homeless

Comments

I can relate OP. I guess that's just how some parents are. No matter how good you do some can only see the negatives. doesn't mean they don't love you any less though that im sure of. Just do what I do ignore them and prove them wrong. Hope you find a place to stay brother keep your head up.

Some parents are just so ignorant, i wouldnt be surprised if they'd never worked that hard, obviously they dont understand and cant relate

danimal_crackerz 26

Maybe explain that? Hopefully you have a friend or two you can stay with, sorry op!

Yes, hopefully if you explain your schedule and how many hours you are actually working then they will let you stay. Maybe they didn't realize you were doing shift work and thought you were at home sleeping at night or that you were with friends instead of working. Hope everything works out either way.

If you are triple shifting, why aren't you out on your own already? If you are an adult, and making that much money, are you helping with the household bills (IE, paying the utility bill or something to help out)?

Probably to support themselves in college. If not, maybe they were saving up to move out. Also "making that much money" maybe they aren't. There's this thing called minimum wage, and even three times that sometimes can't allow you to afford that added to the price of college.

a double shift Is 16 hours here. . A triple 6x a week would be 24 X 6 = 148 out of 172 hours a week? How is this possible lol

My guess is that OP is working 3 seasonal retail jobs. Shit work for shit pay.

Op could also be working to pay off debts or student loans before moving out, so most of his money is going there.

How is it possible to work triple shifts for 6 days straight? Unless your shifts are less than 8 hours.

Same thing I was wondering? Doesn't really make all that much sense...

can't you see the real reason OP... they actually kicked you out because you are earning by doing triple shifts...

HawaiiThad 14

How can you triple-shift six days/week? A typical shift is 8 hours. A double-shift is 16. A triple-shift would be 24. Are you really working 24 hours/day six days/week? I don't think so.

a "typical" shift. for all we know one of his shifts is say, 6 hours. which would add up to 18 hours. or maybe a single shift is 7 hours. or maybe he has different jobs with different shift lengths. we don't know.

I work 8 hours a day regularly, but when I want to work a double its 12 hours. Every workplace is different with extra hours

maybe you didn't help at home, since they were only refering to the time you spend at home

PANDORUM89 21

I feel like this may be a case of something like the parents asking their child to do something like pick up after themselves or do a particular chore and them finding it not being done multiple times after being told multiple times. Just because you are working harder doesn't mean daily chores/life stop. So on the one hand I can understand the parents frustration if that is the case. However if you are working triple shifts then I also understand being exceptionally tired though I'm not quite sure how a triple shift works as the places I've worked only had 3 shifts so that would mean that you never leave. Which is illegal. Oh and you can also say no to working that much...

BeautifulChaos27 37

Probably working 3 different jobs, not just back to back shifts at one. And while yes they COULD say no to that much work, it sounds like they need the money, so why would they?

PANDORUM89 21

True I just assumed it was at the same job which I guess you can't do. I was speaking from experience as my brother and a few close cousins do this same thing. Where they work and then come home and expect to be catered to like a child

Garnetshaddow 30

I currently live at home for financial reasons. For the last month I've been mired in term papers, exams and my actual job. My parents said they would rather I succeed in life right now than deal with my laundry. They know I have to pick and choose, and they want me to make the right choice. I am exceptionally tired, and I am SO grateful for my parents help and love. They know I'll do what I can around the house after graduation.