By scars - 16/12/2014 15:01 - United States - Edwardsville

Today, my parents decided to "discipline" my kitten by spraying her with water. This somehow managed to completely un-train her, and now she's back to being the compulsive biter she was when I first brought her home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 866
You deserved it 3 657

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that's because she is sensitive and doesn't trust people again.

Bite her back. At least it worked with my child.

Comments

She's a kitten, mine would bite and scratch all the time when they were kittens. They're young! They think everything is a game. I wouldn't worry too much, she should grow out of it soon

So now you're getting bit all because your parents got your pissy wet?

You've gotcha self some crappy parents. Tell them how they ruined your pet and how they're now terrible people

Terrible people? Crappy parents? That's harsh..

That's what happens when you get a cat. Dogs are easier to train and more loving.

Yeah, every dog is more loving than every cat! Because cats are robotic and can't feel love. No wait, that's not right. I must be distracted by my cat rubbing her face on me lovingly.

You're entitled to your opinion #24, but the fact is that dogs are ugly, smelly, annoyingly submissive, boring and, in general, suck. Cats rule the universe.

cutelilscrafty 8

I'm sure the dog that bit my eye when I was three years old was absolutely a loving dog.

I'm sure the German Shepard that bit me in the face when I was 8 was more loving than a cat too.

TallMist 32

Dogs are NOT ugly and smelly. I have two dogs that are absolutely adorable and they (almost) never stink.

Torturing a cat with water results in a pissed off cat. Not surprising. Kinda sad, actually. Now, the cat feels unsafe at home.

Here is something I did with my cat when she was a kitten. When it's time to play (when you're wanting to play rough, allowing her to rabbit kick and bite), cover your arm with a thick sock so you're not injured. That also gives a signal to her that it's not okay to do those things without the sick being present. My Millie was a biter as well. She was really shy, so I let her stay in my room where it was quietest and she wouldn't be bothered. If you haven't, ask your parents why they did that. Some people just think it's funny. Mine did, until I did it back to them. Good luck, OP!

I agree. I did the same with my cat, but with a kitchen glove (thicker than any sock I could find). She massacred the thing, but if she ever grabbed beyond the glove and saw my arm or sleeve, she's stop immediately and maybe even lick me instead (as if to apologize for almost biting me!).

I use a thick sweatshirt, but the same deal applies. If my ginger ever gets rough on an uncovered arm, she responds to a gentle "licks, not bites" and generally puts her claws right away. Of course, she only does this for humans. If she's "playing" with the calico? Screaming bloody murder won't stop the biting. So to save her, a little squirt gun is usually required.

ydi, or rather she deserves it, for trying to keep a kitten from being a kitten

She was hypnotized to be a good kitty and would only come out of that state with water.

PANDORUM89 21

In their defense cats aren't exactly a by the book animal to train. They are unique and can react completely different than what anyone says. A LOT of cat training sites say use water so I don't blame them for trying. Sorry she regressed in training.