By ShaunBomb - 11/12/2010 06:11 - United States

Today, my parents brought me an ice cream birthday cake. I would think after 23 years they would remember my lactose intolerance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 716
You deserved it 3 133

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe after 23 years, they just hate you.

lovelove24 1

yea it's the thought that counts. and obviously, they didn't put in any thought.

Comments

I agree with 9 hehe. Thats not your cake, its theirs :) You get a bran muffin with a candle reused from last year

sourgirl101 28

I could be wrong but doesn't most cakes have some form of diary? So what cake could you have eaten? None? Maybe the cake is for the people celebrating with you. Cheer up! You still got to blow out the candles.(: Btw I love ice cream cake! but only the vanilla part and the crunchy thingy.

Muffinzz11 7

you mean dairy because as far as I know cakes don't write diaries

As an avid baker as well as someone who is lactose-intolerant I can tell you that it is entirely possible to make or buy dairy free cakes. You can bake using Soy Milk or they now have Lactose-Free milk which also works just as well. The butter issue can be taken care of in most cases by substituting an oil or shortening product.

Those types of Dairy free cakes are just as tasty as their dairy containing counterparts so the OP's family could have easily purchased or made a cake that all of them could enjoy. To all those saying it the whole "It's the thought that counts" thing doesn't apply when clearly there was no real thought given. If they had thought about it they would have at least attempted to get a cake that the birthday person could enjoy.

My boyfriends housemate is lactose intolerant and we use nutlex instead of butter as instead of being made from dairy it's made from olives. It's so tasty... better than actual butter I think.

Maybe they figured everybody else shouldn't have to suffer because you're a little bitch about stuff

amy1_1bee 0

Lay the **** off you don't even know the guy

So take some lactaid and enjoy your birthday.

Lactaid is milk you drink without lactose.. Not something that stops the stomach pains. Dumbass

93- it's also a pill that lets lactose intolerant people eat dairy. Who's the dumbass now? :)

Birthday pie? It's more of a Russian thing, but some people, like myself, prefer pie to cake.

some_girl9 8

Just an FYI - It's always obvious that people who post things like that, having never seen the OP, are just projecting their own problems. So I guess the real question is, how many feet wide is YOUR ass, #25? I'm guessing 3? 4? Either way, kill yourself.

kacielikewhoa 0

Somebody needs to take a chill pill...

u don't go around telling ppl to die just because they have their own opinions.

TallMist 32

I agree, it was rude of #25, but #29, you're no better. "Oh hey, you made a rude comment on a thread where chances are, you won't meet these people in real life, so you should kill yourself!" Real mature.

Give it to a hobo and tell him happy Saturday.

Michigan_Girl 0

Well, when it's time for their birthday's, stick a candle in a loaf of bread for them.

It's parents who can't take 23 years to remember someone has an intolerance. Where, exactly, is this "thought" that is counting?