By abby0019 - 13/03/2010 00:08 - France

Today, my new neighbours came over to introduce themselves. I open the door to see my ex-husband, with a horrified look on his face, and his girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 419
You deserved it 2 339

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dudeitsdanny 9

At least it wasn't your husband's lover? =) That would have been AWWWKWWWAAAARRRRD.

HamsteronA 0

lol. stuck with eachother for another while

Comments

xHabsfanx 0

Well op that's a pleasant surprise... Op: "oooh maybe a hot single guy is knocking on my door" *Opens door* Op: O.o Ex: O.O *mutters* Oh ****... Gf: "Hello! it's so nice to meet you!!" Op: "Yeah...right back at ya." *shuts door in their face and goes to make a sammich in the kitchen*

Maybe I'm the dumb idiot here, so here goes nothing.. what is up with these " sammich" and "what were you doing out the kitchen" comments? Are you guys just fooling around or is it serious? Just curious...

Lrn2internet. Unfunny jokes about sammiches and kitchens have been around for as long as there have been inbred socially retarded 14-year-old necrophiles to tell them.

They sure weren't all over the internet 5 years ago before Mommies all over the world turned the internet into the nanny.

Come on, dog, don't be naive, when's the last time you saw a 14-year-old who WASN'T poking around a graveyard looking for corpses to ****? Yo I saw 6 of them the other day, the funeral wasn't even over yet and they were prying open that coffin and ******* that corpse until its bones broke. Shit was disgusting. Dog you gotta wake up to what the kids are doing these days, it's not such an innocent time anymore, the ones that aren't ******* dead people are smoking meth and urinating off overpasses. Yo you're a parent, I can tell, you gotta keep tabs on your kids because they don't find trouble, trouble finds them and they get caught up with the bad crowd and before you know it they're digging around mortuaries looking for their grandmothers.

alleyx3 0

he prolly stalked you and moved there to be next to you. never know

bryttanicutter 2
Roflmaaark 0

...every awkward moment, a gay baby is born.

YDI for not being able to move on with your life. "Ex" means nothing except that at one point in your life you ****** on a regular basis and that you know what makes them tick so they're easy lays. People that can't "recover" from past relationships are immature.

One day, when you're less emotionally closed off and distant, you'll understand. Relationships aren't just about sex, there's love, companionship, support and partnership too. "Ex" implies a loss of some kind and loss hurts. Reminders of the loss (like seeing your ex-husband who now loves someone else living next door with her) can be really tough.

A relationship is simply a bond between very good friends who express physical affection with each other. You're looking far too much into things (and devaluing friendship in the process) by expecting relationships to be about Disney fairy princess magic instead of trust, honesty, love, and *******. Of course it feels heartwrenching to lose a love, just as it's heartwrenching to lose a good friendship, but there's no reason people need to be so insecure and neurotic and jealous over it. So he loves someone else, so what? Did you honestly expect your love to last forever? People grow and change and move on to people with whom they have better chemistry -- a better match of personalities -- and personality is fluid, just like relationships. It's naive to expect commitment and stability to simply happen out of nowhere and for things to simply stay the same for several decades. Relationships need to evolve along with the people in them. Maybe OP's ex wanted a different kind of partner, a different kind of relationship, in that stage of his life. Maybe some part of him or some part of OP raised a number of red flags for each other. I really don't know the specifics, but the bottom line is that there is nothing inherently tragic about a breakup and there is nothing inherently awkward about associating with a former lover. People make it so by seeing others through the lens of the past. If you're finding it hard to be friends with an ex, it's because you're not viewing them as a friend, you're viewing them as an ex. The past is over and done with, so either take a lesson from it or disregard it. The jealousy that OP feels is an entirely separate can of worms.

You really just asked if she honestly thought her love would last forever??? It was her husband, of course she thought that.

shelbie8timer 0

If they didn't expect or want it to last forever they wouldn't have gotten married asshole.

Giorgio272 2

I think a mortified look would of been better. clearly **** his girlfriend. everyone loves lesbians. mm lesbians. nice. I know what Ima go do now. loves dem lesbians. om nom nom nom. tasty tasty pumpkin pie.

blaaaaakley! i love ur pic and ur kleavage

There's probably a movie somewhere about this exact situation.

I do not agree with most of the people on this one. Very few ex's are on good terms; if you rent then it's bad, but if you own then I think we have a real FML here. By the way- rhinos don't love you, they are just horney.