By Des - 18/06/2018 15:00

Today, my new neighbors moved in across the street. Also today, they began to park at the end of my driveway. Not used to a car being there, I backed out and promptly hit it. Welcome to the neighborhood. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 344
You deserved it 1 135

Same thing different taste

Top comments

regardless of them now parking there, wouldn't you normally, idk, use your eyes when backing out?

azouwa 26

I think they sell driver's manuals at Amazon. The book isn't a bad read. I recommend it. It'll tell you how to avoid situations like this for future references. You're welcome OP :-)

Comments

Mungolikecandy 19

Did you mean they parked across your drive or opposite the drive? It is a bit ambiguous and an fml or ydi differs dependent on which it is. Across FML, opposite ydi.

tounces7 27

Okay are they parking NEAR the end of your driveway, or are they BLOCKING your driveway? Because that's 2 entirely different scenarios there.

sbjess 8

jeez, you're lucky it was only a car.. what if was a kid?

its illegal to block a driveway, make sure to mention that to the insurance.

I’m not sure that matters, as the op did not look back.

“They” say that retrospect is 20/20. In this case, “they” are wrong.

UOFreak07 8

laws say that you can't park within 5 feet of a driveway

Donut_Wizard 23

One day people will realize that the “back-up camera” is no substitution for turning your ******* head. Though I guess it’s hard to do with your head up your ass.

You can see a car directly behind you using a back-up camera, though. Especially if it's parked. The thing it's not great at seeing is cross traffic more than, say, 15 feet away from the side of your car.

They deserve it for blocking your driveway.

I don't believe that's a legal parking spot. Wouldn't they be held responsible?

simcityguy09 19