By Anonymous - 30/08/2013 00:48 - United Kingdom

Today, my mother yet again went on a long rant about how much of a loser I am as I have "never had boyfriend" and I'm 26. Truth is, I've been in the same relationship for over five years but it "doesn't count because he's black." FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 821
You deserved it 7 320

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Aren't you glad you turned out fine and not like her? Sucks for you OP but the silver lining also is you grew to be a better person..

Jst4kicks 16

wow, sorry but your moms a douche

sammyjanette 17

Let me guess your Mom often follows it up with the old "I'm not racist I have black friends" tripe?

loveingit 7

Hey as long as you are happy who cares what anybody thinks.

If it comes to it, don't invite her to the wedding unless she apologizes.

I'm doubting she'll ever apologize. If she does, it's not going to be as sincere as it should be, considering she even refuses to believe they're even in a relationship.. Which is a shame, really.

I would probably not invite her anyway after being like that. It hurts me to hear you have a mother like that. Go with your true feelings - not the color - and definatively not by what your mother sais. its your life, not hers.

She could always ax her.... though that's highly frowned upon......

crystalpx 1

Sad old woman. I love interracial couples. They show that people aren't as ignorant as before and we are all progressing. Moving forward.

1dvs_bstd 41

Your mom should be deported back to the 20th century where she belongs!

Honestly, if she's serious I'd either have a talk with her and try to work past her prejudices or tell her that how she thinks is not okay!