By sexandanxiety - 30/04/2015 00:46 - Canada - Stittsville

Spicy
Today, my mother was trying to have yet another "helpful" conversation about how to fix my anxiety. My sister's insightful comment? "I think your problem is that you need to get laid." My mom agreed with her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 647
You deserved it 4 222

Same thing different taste

Top comments

please tell me they are joking. what kind of support is that?

Merylwen 24

Anxiety disorders are a mental health issue. Not something one somehow solves with sex (or alcohol, or drugs). Try to get your family to read on the topic and get medical help OP. :)

Comments

leogachi 15

I'm sorry your family is so terrible to you, Op.

There is some basis of truth to all folk remedies! At least there are no side effects if they are wrong, unlike some of our modern medications that are prescribed by doctors!!

In this case there is a pretty significant potential side effect lasting 18 to 20-some years in most cases.

no offense op but your family doesn't seem very smart. or very helpful. get professional help it will actually help you.

Anyway, I don't know you but I've thought about you during the lunchtime AND I have decided that your mother and your sister know you better than me. THEREFORE your problem of anxiety is caused either by the lack of sex or by your mother and your sister attitude.

Not the best advice, but also not the worst. I know I'm always much calmer and relaxed after a good session between the sheets.

They're both idiots! Try to see if you can find some support groups or talk to your doctor, OP. Anxiety is no joke ! Good luck !

See if you can get an appointment with a councillor or a doctor. Things will get better OP!!

"A" doctor or THE Doctor? It makes all the difference!