By strayy - 30/09/2015 06:47 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, my mother told me I should volunteer in Africa, because I might "get lucky, catch malaria and come back skinny". FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 619
You deserved it 2 339

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wizardo 33

Tell her to take a trip to the sun, she might get a heart after it thaws out.

That incredibly insensitive. She should volunteer in Africa. It might make her a more nicer person, it sounds like she's needs it.

Comments

merju_enchee 1

Your mom's an asshole, but that's not even how malaria works. It's like getting a wicked bad flu- you can still eat and drink; it doesn't affect your digestion.

pleasedie 22

Wow. Sorry but your mom sounds like a massive bitch.

Are you paying for the ticket? Then you go somewhere where you have a large chance of not having an issue...like South Africa

I laughed too hard at this. Might be a wake up call tho.

You're mom sounds like an insensitive bitch on one level. If you feel like you need to lose weight do it the healthy way. But if you're comfortable then don't sweat it

this is one of the most ******* offensive, extreme examples of racial propagation. africa isn't running rampid with malaria. it's like saying china is full of bird flu or that the U.S. is full of STDs. so I'd really appreciate if "strayy" could stfu.

#28, you know #25 can say they are offended by it. It isn't being childish to be angry at racist things. It isn't right to say OP should shut up though since it was their mother that said it - not them.

leogachi 15

@25 *rampant The rest of your comment just sounds like terrible trolling.

Tel her to come to india. She can get some chikun gunia and that might help her brain get fixed a but

25, if you don't like it you can get the **** out. This is FML, not a nursery.