By Anonymous - 10/09/2012 14:14 - United States - Puyallup

Today, my mother shared my phone number with my brother, despite my explicit wishes that she didn't. He immediately went and put it on Craigslist and several other websites. This is the fourth time I've had to change my number for that very same reason. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 787
You deserved it 2 458

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dadof2 4

I guess its time to stop giving it to your mother and whip your brothers a@@!!

CJ0106 1

I would do the same thing back to him. May not be the most mature approach but he'll probably learn his lesson.

Comments

A lot of people keep saying 'don't give the mum your nunber' but, with a brother that immature it's easily likely that OP and her brother are both teens that need their mun to have their numbers and vice versa for safety and ease. The parents may even pay the phone bill in which case I really doubt they'd just let her not give them her number and continue paying. If OP can then I'd suggest not giving her the number but if she can't then, unfortunately, I'd say you need to go to the route of the problem and really beat or humiliate your brother...harsh but it doesn't sound like he responds to normal human reasoning...

And sorry for all the 'n's, bad typing day...

murphdarkly 13

I doubt they are teens or at least the OP isn't because she has to give her/his mother the #

91 Teens need their parents numbers and vise versa for safety reasons or in case they need to get a hold of each other

MrBond007_fml 6

This gives me an idea... Your brother is a comedic genius!!!

Um, go down to the the local cop shop and file a harassment complaint against him? Or find out the number for your local chapter of NAMBLA and give that # to your mom to give to your bro.

Yeah, a teenager filing charges against her teenage brother. EVERYONE will take that seriously.

McNerdyNerd 8

Where does it say they are teens? It's been the general idea that OP is a grown adult. Hence the mom having to ask for their phone number.

71~ who said she's a teenager? Teenagers can't change their own cell number if it's not their plan. And they need to be 18 to have their own plan.

Your mom's an idiot and your brother's a loser. My condolences for your blood relations. :p Further more, my apologies for my bad attitude. :(

delicious69 5

Time to beat him like a red headed step child.

olpally 32

Why does your mother insist on doing this?? It sounds like she wants you to be stuck in the matrix forever.

PYLrulz 17

So you gave her your number 4 times, and 4 times, she gives it to your brother AGAINST your wishes?!? Have you ever heard of "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"?!? YDI

I Dont blame OP, You'd think you could trust your own mother but Nooooooo!

MrBond007_fml 6

Actually it goes, "fool me once shame on you, uh shame on uh me uh... If you fool me you can't fool me again!!"

MrBond007_fml 6

Are you serious? That's a direct bush quote!!

It's probably because it was a Bush quote that it got downvoted.

skullofdarkness 18

Or maybe it's just that everyone hates mr.bond. His comment was also buried in dislikes, what does that tell you?

MrBond007_fml 6

Wait, so you are going to thumbs down all of my comments just because one of them was not to your liking? Doesn't that just make you an ass hole?

No, it means that you're trying too hard and you're simply not funny. You try to defend yourself when there is absolutely no hope on saving said comment. Just accept the burying and move onward to the next FML.

I would have stopped giving mom the number after the second time it happened.

Take pics of him and post them on all the male looking for male sites you can... Unless he's gay, then it doesn't work. And as for your mom... Just remind her you pick out the nursing home, and if she's not careful you won't give her your phone number then either.

You can report a Craigslist ad so that it is taken down, I'm sure you can do that on other sites as well.. Why not save yourself some money on phone number changes?

BunchieRules 31

25 - While I agree that OP should report the ads, it might be best to change the number anyway. It's the internet, and the number could easily spread to other websites. For all we know, some people might have even saved her number. But, maybe I'm taking this too far...