By Anonymous - 12/12/2011 06:00 - United States

Today, my mother refused to agree with any of my logic because it's "not in the bible." She can't find any fault with it, just refuses to agree with it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 775
You deserved it 3 882

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Religious nuts anger me. They make for the most frustrating conversation.

Shadow_Phantom 26

"Don't think" should be their new motto, imo. FYL

Comments

A100893 30

Don't bother, It will be like arguing with a brick.

RaquelW 7

you can't reason with someone who refuses to see reason.

So...why did you try to engage in a debate you knew you couldn't win b/c she has a different belief system? YDI for wasting both of your time.

And this is where religion thrives. Either on children, who dont know any better, and just generally stupid people, who simply cant understand simple physics and/or science. Remember, why bother with science or anything confusing, when you can just wave an old book and say "this is what happenned"

ikickgingers 15

Religion is like a dick It's fine to have one. It's fine to be proud of it. But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around, And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my throat

23 - I wish that applied to atheism, too.

Llama_Face89 33

And wasn't religion created to explain things that people couldn't understand and that we now have explanations for? Religion has pretty much become obsolete.

-29 erm, no, buddy. explain to me how the world was created or how dinosaurs died. yes, we do have ideas because of science but none of them are 100% correct.

Point me to where the bible describes the demise of dinosaurs. It wouldn't appear it suggests anything either. I won't bring up anything specific, but it's amazing what people will believe when everyone else does.

thanks 25, it seems as if everyone is allowedvto have a belief or lack of belief and be vocal about it except christians.

Atheists are so outspoken because the voices of theists are hundreds and thousands of times louder, and have been for centuries. When theists have atheists banging on their doors to proselytize, or when governments start pandering to atheism at the expense of theists' rights, THEN you can whine. But as long as theists are the privileged majority, I really don't see how they can complain about the fact that atheists now have a voice.

19- Maybe it is an isolated situation at my college, (and all of my other friends' colleges) but most of the math and science departments are religious. In your defense though, most of the liberal arts/theatre professors are atheists. Also, I find some of the most intolerant people I know are atheists who refuse logic.

61 - Are you saying it's ok for atheists to shove their views down everyone's throat b/c they are a minority? If so, I respectfully disagree. None of us need another's views shoved down our throats. It does not prove your point by engaging in the same behavior you complain about in others.

"thanks 25, it seems as if everyone is allowedvto have a belief or lack of belief and be vocal about it except christians." What are you smoking, bro? I've heard that 'In God we trust' is once again the official motto of the US, and that the government supports and encourages the public display of the national motto in all public buildings, public schools, and other government institutions (= First Amendment fail). I think that christians are in power in America and that atheïsts are a small, discriminated group. So, yeah, I'm with Pazu.

ikickgingers 15

20 - I think that is what this fellow had in mind.

Just disagree with her logic because its not on the back of a cornflakes box...

ThisGuy775 0

Religious nuts piss me off, cant have a decent convo with them, EVER

Another brainwashed, bible-thumping wing it. The world would be better off without religion.

Is arson against the ten commandments?

Jesus loves you,so make him put on a condom.