This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By HomelessForever - 15/03/2017 00:00

Today, my mother offered to buy me an apartment if I break up with my long-term partner. When he found out, he got mad when I told him I'd turned her down, because I was missing "a great opportunity." FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 511
You deserved it 559

Top comments

Does he realize its contingent upon you dumping him? Either he's a dunce or he's advising you about a lot more than real estate.

CaptainShalliwaffle 3

Op here. To be honest, it was a shocking and horrible offer I'd never accept on any level, but his "more logical" attitude is that we could pretend to break up until she gets me an apartment, then live in it together. Not only is that despicable for sooo many reasons, but I don't think it would work out as well as he thinks it would... This is not the first time she has tried to make this deal with me.

Comments

Honestly, I agree with your boyfriend. Your mom is controlling/manipulative and is literally trying to bribe you out of what I assume is a healthy relationship. She would have deserved that lesson and you would get a place to live.

In all honesty, with his behaviour I kind of agree with her. She's manipulative, but he is happy being a lying and cheating dirtbag.

Was that an opening proposal? Can you maybe add a car to the deal? I like that you are playing the long game, i would probably drop my SO for a pair of boots.