By Anonymous - 04/06/2014 14:34 - United Kingdom - Ormskirk

Today, my mother-in-law confessed that for the longest time, she had fantasies about killing me for "ruining" her daughter's life, basically because I'm not wealthy enough for my mother-in-law's standards. She made sure to let me know the situation hasn't changed at all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 612
You deserved it 3 941

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rieebee 23

Just smile at her. It will probably piss her off more than anything you say, and can't be used against you in a "do you know what he said to me" sort of way.

reggie_k_dwight 16

That'll make for interesting conversation at Christmas dinner… FYL OP

Comments

Get her to say it on tape and pay a quick visit to your local police station.

squarecircles 13

Ppl like that are just self loathing and bitter to see other ppl happy. Kill her with kindness then she should shut up.

Better yet, treat your wife so good, she has no choice but to tell her mother how happy you make her.

When parents say things like this, I have to wonder how well they understand what they are saying. Even though this comment was directed to you, it really is more a criticism of your wife and the choices she made. When your mother-in-law says things like this, go hug your wife and remind her how much you love her. While you have been enduring her mother's criticism only a few years, your wife has faced it her entire life.

chocolatefrog28 29

You might mention that harboring such resentments like that probably ruin her daughter's life in a more significant way, as her own mother can't respect her wishes, her choices, or the man that she is making a life with.

Sue her for emotional distress get her money everyone is happy.(im not being serious no need for some over reacting reply)

Respect101 17

Oh, I thought it really was actually a good idea...

Go to the next police station, report the situation and let her know about it.

Yeah, plus should op go missing, we would know who the prime suspect is.

Let's hope life doesn't call for a situation where overnight stays are needed.

Now it's OP's turn to tell his mother-in-law about his fantasy of faking his entire family's death and moving to another country. :)

Love has nothing to do with money. She hasn't even considered the man you are.

savy_m 14

Talk about some motherly love huh....