By Bebefer - 15/03/2012 07:49 - United States

Today, my mother and I went to a meeting at my school about a camping trip the students in my grade will be going on. When the time to ask questions came, my mother raised her hand and loudly asked, "What if my child is on their period during the trip?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 733
You deserved it 2 449

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That reminds me of my dad... He always grabs "feminine products" in the grocery store and yells loudly to my sisters "Do you need any more of these?!" just to embarrass them.

Comments

At least she cares about your well being x)

Once I was on my period at camp, the whole week, it stopped on the last day! It wasn't the best timing, but I still had fun! I hope you have fun OP!

bananassin 25

o my god m2. it was horrible

perdix 29

"She'll be eaten by a bear, . . . or a Boy Scout who's earning his Red Wings badge. Next question."

conqueror57 11

Why would she say "their period?" It obviously has to be "her period." This annoys me.

chane1100 6

Your comment annoys all of US..

usnwife 18

I read that and cringed. I hate bad grammar...

RedPillSucks 31

It's not really bad grammar. It's an older style (archaic) form where "their" is a generic genderless pronoun.

#69-- Isn't it the other way around? I thought that the use of "they" as a singular gender-neutral pronoun was a recent convention...

RedPillSucks 31
conqueror57 11

It's a newer convention (and still incorrect) to use they/their as gender neutral. Before, "he/his/him was the gender neutral pronoun. In either case, this isn't a gender neutral subject, which is my point.

conqueror57 11

Yes, it's a possessive pronoun, meaning "to belong to two or more people." (Lately used incorrectly to mean "belonging to a person of unknown gender" because the the only gender neutral singular possessive pronoun is "its", and people don't like using "it" to refer to other people.)

Be glad you dont wet the bed OP. I was at a meeting once with my kids about a class trip and a mom asked the question about her son's bedwetting and whether they will make sure he is "protected" at night, this was in front of every other kid that was going.

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

Wow, some parents are either totally oblivious, or just ******* cruel.

It always amazes me how when some people become parents, they completely forget what it's like to be the kid.

Well if she gets lost the search dogs will sniff her out in no time.

Sorry OP. I know you felt like crawling under your desk, out the door, running away & relocating multiple states away all in 0.001 seconds! Ugh!

jaredofmo 22

Okay, that's really embarrassing, but your mom was at least looking out for you.

And she used that exact phrase? I'd have been more embarrassed at the misuse of grammar.