By Reggie - 27/04/2018 19:00

Today, my mom won the lottery. My biological mom who I only met last year, after 33 years of not knowing who she was. She is sharing her millions with her kids, but that doesn't include me as I "don't count". FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 882
You deserved it 624

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AJ1981 12

she abandoned you before not sure why you expected things to change... sucks but I would of never even attempted to be part of her life... stranger danger

Zachary8261 28

Since you “don’t count,” you are now obligated to not invite her to any family gatherings you are hosting.

Comments

TCRII 29

Count your blessings. If they have never had money before, sudden wealth can tear a family apart.

she's only known you for a year. I honestly don't blame her. just because you're her child doesn't mean you are entitled to her money.

tounces7 27

Right, I mean, she was selfish to start with, why would she be less selfish now, right?

No, giving a baby up for adoption is not selfish. It's the sensible thing to do if you know you can't raise the child properly. For some women it can be real wrench.

Ishvah 15

Don't worry, she'll either end up broke and worthless or dead.

She’s your mother, not your mom. There’s a big difference!

Fun fact a lot of lottery winners end up poor shortly after or die early. You didn't need her for the first 33 years, you don't need her for the next 33 either.

blink831forever 13

Well she is right. You don't count. There's a reason she put you up for adoption and never tried to find or connect with you. Cut your losses and move on. Your bio mom did.

You’ve lived for 33 years without knowing her and she’s done the same. You’ve known her for a year so it ya don’t count. You’re just the thing she pushed it 34 years ago and gave up. You’ve got no right to the money AND she can use her money as she pleases.

bobsanction 18

What, do you feel entitled because of the coincidence of your birth?

Nobody puts up a child for adoption with the expectation of keeping them in their lives. OP - Your adoptive parents are your parents; they raised you. It’s very foolish to expect anything from the woman who was your birth mother but put you up for adoption. It’s a complete fantasy for an adopted person to look up their birth parents and to expect any kind of a relationship out of it. Look to the people who raised you, not the one who gave you up.

I'm sorry OP but i don't think that any amount of money will be able to fill in for the void of 33 years of her absence.