By zazzleface - 09/04/2012 12:23 - United States - Bergenfield

Today, my mom was in the kitchen when her shirt caught on fire. Acting quickly, I poured my glass of water on her. Instead of thanking me, she yelled at me for making a mess. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 280
You deserved it 2 372

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ungrateful bitch, she should be happy you saved her from severe injury.

DaKillaMafia 2

Should have just let her burn.

Comments

Should have gone the Mrs. Doubtfire way and stamped out the fire with the pot lids. Of course I'm sure your mum would just find a way to complain about that method as well.

Tell me why I thought of the same thing when reading this FML. haha

Priorities, mom! A little water never hurt anyone. Just grab a towel and wipe it up.

hateevryone 14
TheEpicMilkMan 13

your body, or a mess. apparently your mother would rather be crisp like bacon instead of having a simple mess in the kitchen with something so basic as water *facepalm*

AliceLockehart 18

don't compare her to something as pure and pleasant as bacon!

How ungrateful. You save her life and all she does is yell at you, because of water?

Next time let her burn see how she reacts then ! " oh thank u u didnt make a mess on the floor!"

What the ever-loving **** is wrong with all you people? Let her burn? What a bitch? How ungrateful?? You really think your mother deserves to stay on fire just because she yelled at you? WHAT THE ****. Have you idiots stopped to think that maybe she was seriously burned and in serious pain, and her first reaction to having her chest on fire was to yell? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be very happy if you caught on fire either. I'm glad my children actually love me. I'd be horrified if you people were my kids. Jesus.

You never know doc, I'm sure that your kids are young, the resentment might begin when they're older.

Finnick_fml 12

OP basically saved her life, and she reacted by blaming something on them. That's not any normal person's reaction - if someone saved me from becoming a human fire-ball, I'd be extremely grateful and very happy. I understand defending OP's mother, but you have to admit, she certainly reacted horribly, and OP deserves an apology and thanks. Anyway, it's FML - people don't literally want her to burn, they just think she's a complete bitch. It's the internet, none of us know who she actually is. Jeez.

BeThePanda 1

I agree that letting her burn would've been wrong, and most of these comments are too harsh. However, OP's mother does seem ungrateful. I understand why she would yell, as she was obviously in serious pain. But it seems ridiculous to yell at OP for the mess, rather than the pain. I'm confused at to why she even cared about the mess at the time!

I made an account just to thumb you out of the negative and comment that I fully agree with you. When in pain people yell to release tension. It's natural.

Exactly, when in pain people scream about the dumbest things. A trip to the delivery room will prove it.

Wow I think you're taking the comments a bit too seriously. I doubt anyone here would actually let there own mother burn rather than throw a glass of water on her. They were just reacting to how ungrateful the mother was. This is the internet. People act stupider than they usually do, so nothing should really be taken too seriously. =)

Bullshit. If there were one or two comments like that, it would be one thing. But nearly every single comment above mine said the same damned thing. How can I not take that seriously? You people can thumb me down to the bowels of Hell for daring to post vitriol rather than something funny if it makes you feel better.

Im with you doc. I think its messed up people say "next time let her burn". Its ur freaking mother! Im sure the mother appoligized after and thanked OP for saving her from harm.

Just seems to me like everyone who commented before you has the same sense of humor. I was thinking the exact same thing as them but I'd never actually let my mother burn.

Jessi - I guess I don't find burning parents funny. I could have gone along with everyone else and made a comment that would get me thumbs up, but I'd much rather speak my mind honestly and get thumbed down.

Being on fire is terrifying and extremely painful. I would never wish that on another human being, even jokingly. It's been fourteen years but I still remember the smell of my own flesh roasting. I agree with you, Doc, 100%. Some people deal with pain and fear by getting angry. I know I did. Some people have ****** up senses of humour.

Doc- I'm right there with you. I don't get these Godawful suggestions, and I'm not sure why people are defending them by saying they were 'joking'. If that's what you consider a joke, you should probably see a psychiatrist. Although the mother could've been more. . . . appreciative, she was in excruciating pain, and reacted according to that. Nobody deserves to burn. No one.

Once again, well said Doc. Too many trolls on this FML thingy. :)

Im sure if the fire could be put out with just a glass of water it couldn't have been that bad. I don't understand why some people are taking this so seriously. If it had developed into something more serious then of corse it wouldn't be funny. It's just a FML and I'm sure all the people who posted comments like that didn't put much thought into it at all.

NurseHolly 3

Her shirt was on fire.... Not her body! I really doubt she was in "excruciating" pain. Who would post an FML about being yelled at if his mother was seriously injured? Clearly she was fine, and is just rude.

You say 'her shirt was on fire, not her body' as if her shirt was on a hanger in her closet. She was wearing her shirt, no? And it's not like she was wearing a fire-resistant jacket. Again, she was WEARING a SHIRT. Last time I checked, your body doesn't have to be in direct contact with fire to get burnt.

Since opinions are like butt-holes (as in everyone has one), I think I'll voice mine too, just for the hell of it. I understand everyone's humourous reaction of "let her burn!", and that no one serious means that. It's just a "fine, if you really want to be that way" response. But I'm kind of with the Doc and The Hit Dude; after the 8th or 19th similar comment, it gets a bit repetitive, and I'd surely hope no one Really thinks letting people burn is actually funny. I'm thinking OP's mom either didn't know she was on fire, or she panicked and that was her terrified response, and Op shouldn't take it personal.

^ Shoot, I didn't mean to send my reply yet. :p The rest of what I was going to say was, I'm quite sure Op explained it to his mother and she likely was very grateful after she calmed down. And even if she wasn't, and stayed angry because she didn't grasp the situation, if I was Op, I'd keep hosing her with the water, no matter how many times she caught fire and screamed at me for the mess. :) Love's a funny thing like that, no? ;)

Not good to take the lords name in vain, doc. :)

Keyboard - it all depends on whose lord you're talking about, doesn't it?

Maybe u should have just stood there and watched her burn, cuz she might even like the way it hurts :)