By Jake - 07/03/2012 11:14 - United States

Today, my mom told me that Walmart had called and I had an interview at 9:30. I went to Walmart. They told me they didn't have any interviews set up. I went back home and listened to the voice-mail on her cellphone. It was the Subway in Walmart. I've been looking for a job for 3 months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 149
You deserved it 5 369

Same thing different taste

Top comments

melonrind 8

You should always double check those types of things instead of taking (even your mom's!) word for it!!

You gave them your mother's mobile number?

Comments

iPhoneenohPi 3

I work at a hospital... :D why are we being off topic and just stating where we work?

29- It's not all that off topic. The FML was about work. The problem is no one really cares where they work.

It's off topic, that's like me saying, "Oh, you applied at Walmart? I always shop there... :D"

KiddNYC1O 20

The store that advertised the sandwiches with the squashed rats. ^

Why would you go home to listen to a message on your cell?

dmmcintyre3 8

It was on his Mom's cell phone.

Because it was OP's mom's cell. You read as well as OP's mom listens.

skyeyez9 24

Sounds like my mom. She is Japanese and English is her 2nd language.

OP, most entry-level jobs will emphasize "detail-oriented," so let this be a learning experience to be more so. You "knew" you had an interview at 9:30 at Wal-Mart, but what was the name of your interviewer? What paperwork should you have with you? You should have listened to the voice mail beforehand.

I completely concur - as a recruitment consultant nothing pisses me off more than unprepared people who don't even know who they are asking for. Same for people who have spelling/grammatical errors on their CV; why should I help you get a job when you can't even be bothered making the effort to show a good first impression? YDI.

desireev 17

Has anyone thought, for one second, that OP could be broke, from being without a job, and, therefore, had to use his mother phone being as he doesn't have his own phone? That's a completely acceptable reason for not having his own phone! At least he's trying to find a job... Give him some slack!

xStaciexLynnx 15

Yeah but he should have been responsible and LISTENED to the message on his mom's phone.

desireev 17

It's only natural instinct to trust what your mother says. If it were my mother and I was in OPs situation, I would have trusted what my mother said. Then when I found out she gave me wrong information, I would have said something to her about it. When you get a call for an interview, you get excited and get ready for the interview. Your first thought isn't going to be 'Gee! I don't know.. I'm going to distrust my Mom and re-check the voicemail because she could be misinforming me!!'

hilary56 0

All I wondered was why he didnt have his own phone. It was just a question..

desireev 17

Calm down? Lol I was only explaining my opinion about it. No hostility here... Looks like that's what you're looking for though.. Maybe you should creep on someone else's comment.. Lol

hilary56 0

I am not 'creeping' and if you wanna call it that than you were creeping on mine too & no why would I be looking for that on an fml?:p that's dumb

63- no, you need to calm down.. It's so obvious what you're doing. You see everybody turning against you and you realize your comment was stupid, therefor instead of admitting you did something dumb you just pretend everybody else are the stupid ones. Sweetie, you're not fooling anyone but yourself ;)

JustDerpin 11

^You sound like someone off a movie. A movie about high school drama and shit. Don't try to act smart.

desireev 17

So one person is 'everyone'? Maybe you do that often, and you 'flip it around' or whatever. But, whether I do something 'dumb' or not, I am NOT here to impress anyone. Lol I'm not worried about what you think about me. Or what anyone thinks of me, for that matter. Do you really, honestly, think I care whether YOU think my comment is 'dumb'? Lol That's cute! Now as the previous commenter above me said, don't you have some highschool drama to worry about? Lol I stand firm by my original comment and any comment that follows. Once again, I'm not worried what you or the powerpuff girls think about me or my comments. Lol

#28 I agree with you. When I was 13 I had a cheap cell phone to keep in my backpack for emergency purposes. Once I hit 15 I had to get a job and pay for my own. It sure helped me learn the value of a dollar. His parents may be trying to teach him a lesson and not many people have land lines because of how easily cell phones can be accessed. Everyone seems to think just because they have cell phones everyone else HAS to.

desireev 17

90- Thank God you found me! I thought I was totally alone with my opinion! I'm being attacked by a clan of teenagers for what I thought was making sense of the situation! In all seriousness though, it is a relief to know that someone agrees with me! And I, completely, agree with everything you just said! Once again, a relief to see someone who has a sense of responsibility and the work ethic to know the value of a dollar! Thank you! :)

You think they would already assume that with the way the economy is.. On the other hand your welcome =D

maronofhearts 19

Actually desireev his first reaction should have been to listen to the message first before e got ready to make sure he had everything he needed. Do you know how hard it is to get a job right now? You should listen to the message at least twice so you don't miss anything Saying oh well my mom listened to it so I dont have to is irresponsible it's his interview not hers he has to make sure his facts are correct He should act like an adult and he would've gotten the job but instead he acted like a kid and expected his mom to do everything for him and see what happened

Lucky damn Americans. In Canada we only have McDonalds in our Walmart! :(

I live in Texas we have McDonald's in our walmarts ):

65 I feel you. Sometimes I just need to eat fresh. McDonalds used to be cool but now I'm Not lovin it.

70 oh, tell me about it! Whenever i'm out with my friends we pretty much always end up at McDonald's because it's so cheap :/ not very good though... And so unhealthy!

RockstarRN 10

YDI for not being responsible and double checking.

So what I have been looking for 7 months. Also you should always check to confirm to make sure there was not a miscommunication.

This isn't a contest. Write your own FML.

I say re-apply, if you got it once, you might get it again. Same thing happened to me with my mom, she lied about the time and date. I spoke with the manager and re-applied, and started a new chapter in my life named hell.

why didn't you give them your number? that way you could've checked before you went home & went into subway. unless you don't have a phone.. derp.

You call him a "derp" for not having a phone? Sorry but not everyone here gets their things handed to them. People actual work for things. Sorry that you can't understand that concept.

I bought the only two cellphones I ever had by myself. Here in Brazil, phones are a lot more expensive than in the US, and there's still plenty of really cheap ones nowadays. And it's something that you pretty much need to have now, so I honestly can't see a reason for OP to not have a cellphone, specially when he's not living by himself.

desireev 17

76- Just because you can afford one, no matter what the means, doesn't mean that everyone else can. Maybe you have a better paying job? Maybe the cost of living is cheaper where you live? Maybe you don't have the odds stacked against you like OP may have? Who knows?! But, like I said, just because you can afford a phone doesn't mean that everyone else can.. Yes, everyone should have a cellphone. But not everybody can afford one!