By Unbearable - 25/06/2011 19:58 - United States

Today, my mom insisted on putting sunscreen on me. I closed my eyes and shut my mouth while she rubbed some on my face. Halfway through, I burped. I opened my mouth just in time to get a large glob of sunscreen in it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 625
You deserved it 36 460

Unbearable_fml tells us more.

One of my friends brought to my attention that one of my ol' FMLs is still circulating with quite a bit of controversy, so I'm back to add a little bit of insight: For those of you who called me childish for not applying my own sunscreen, I'm far from flexible and I'd like to say that any normal person can't reach their back, so my mom went ahead and did that for me. Since she had some extra sunscreen on her fingers, she went ahead and did my face too, as I did the rest of my body. For those of you who said that it was rude of me to burp on my mother, I completely agree, but my eyes were closed and I had just had Taco Bell, so you know how it is. I didn't know my mom's fingers were so close to my face, my eyes being closed in all, so—I don't really remember, this was years ago. I'm glad I have a published FML, but my day at the beach turned sour when I had to wash sunscreen out of my mouth with seawater! My mom and I still laugh about it, though. Have a good day!

Top comments

well burp through your nose, that's what I do.

I never trust my mom with putting sunscreen on me. not after having a smiley face on my back.

Comments

gan4sula 2

you were at a beach? why eat so much

iluvfmls456 0
julialoves0521 0

i feel lik i can taste it now....yuck!!

Something viscous and white squirted into your mouth? hmm.

why couldn't the op hold her burp, or burp with her mouth closed which I do.

You were gonna burp in her face?? Yeah, you deserve it lol

emmkaycee 0

If you're old enough to do FMLs, you're old enough to put sunscreen on yourself.

Can you cover your whole back with sunscreen ? Yeah. I didn't think so.

gibby1235 6

#62 it's possible to cover your whole back with sun screen it's called flexibility which is actually normal, if you can't do it that's your problem. I'm not trying to get you or anyone else mad but some people are different than others and you cannot tell anyone what they can or can't do based on your lack of being able to do it.

emmkaycee 0

62 - yes I can actually. But do you need help putting sunscreen on your face? Didn't think so.

iAmScrubs 19

"Omnomnom. Me want sunscreen." - Wise words of the sunscreen monster.

kittea86 0

thats why u keep ur mouth shut DUH u dont need to open ur mouth to berp.. and if ur old enough for posting fml why cant u apply ur own sunscreen to ur face ydi

Says you, who can't even spell simple words that have been spelt correctly by many other commenters.

ATLforever7 6

You aren't capable of putting sun screen on by yourself?