By CD. - 11/01/2010 00:24 - United States

Spicy
Today, my mom explained the benefits of douching to me with my boyfriend right there. He began arguing with her about how the vagina is usually self-cleaning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 091
You deserved it 2 613

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wow poor you, your boyfriend is smart and open to talking about sex. your life sucks -.-

Comments

That's pretty sad your boyfriend knows more than your mom. Hasn't she been to the gyno in the last 20 years?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
missymay993 11

Yes, because if he has an opinion he must be bad news. Some people....

gatorgrl1988 0

yeah it is self cleaning. but after your period you need to douche. and if you have sex alot. it does self clean but it doesnt deoterize itss self. duhh. once a month douche it up girl. or you will smell like a walking porter potty. :)

it's called taking a shower honey. most doctors don't even recommend using soap, just rinsing with warm water. I personally do use soap (for the same reason you're encouraging douching, smell). douching really isn't a safe practice, the bacteria present within a ****** is there for a reason. it can also mess with Ph balance, as others have said.

wow no. this is terrible advice. showers are enough to keep anyone clean and healthy. douching is bad for your ******!!! where have you been for like the past 20 years???

Just be happy that your boyfriend knows more than the average guy does about women's anatomy.

Punkartmama 0

Your boyfriend is right. Your doctor will tell you the same thing.

sallybobally 0

douching is a terrible idea, after your period or no. its basically like pouring pure UTI up in there

if you ever douche, use water, just that, anything else will harm you more than help you

colxmag 0
gatorgrl1988 0

yes. it is fine my sister is a gynecoligist. I've been doing it monthly and I've never had any problems. why would they sell them if they caused all that? you can over do it and have problems but not if you follow the instructions.

Why do people sell cigarettes if they're bad for you? >.> Have you ever heard of salesmen making horrible products that sounds good to get money?

gatorgrl1988 0

yes. it is fine my sister is a gynecoligist. I've been doing it monthly and I've never had any problems. why would they sell them if they caused all that? you can over do it and have problems but not if you follow the instructions.

maybe you use water? why do they sell cigarettes if they cause cancer?