By benjamin03 - 05/07/2016 16:34 - United States - Philadelphia

Today, my mom continued her search for a special, super-healthy laundry detergent that she knows makes me break out in hives. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 423
You deserved it 970

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Find that super duper Icy Hot and put it into the crotch of her panties.

Is this on purpose? That's mean, do something for revenge until she gets the message

Comments

Where did OP say they didn't do there own laundry? They probably just don't want to buy their own laundry detergent, which is reasonable if they are a minor living at home. It's not the most expensive thing (although the price can go up a bit if you have sensitive skin), but it's still a good chunk for a kid still going to school, and something they shouldn't have to buy.

Also, given that OP's sensitivity to the other detergent is great enough to cause hives, it's possible that there could be enough of whatever ingredient hates OP's skin left in the machine that even doing a separate load with different detergent could cause discomfort.

I share laundry facilities with the people upstairs and I am highly allergic to their detergent, so I do a rinse and spin with vinegar. And I have the most sensitive skin of any person I have ever known. I'm even allergic to the sun and grass.

It can be but honestly the hypoallergenic brands are cheaper unless you /have/ to have like Tide or another expensive brand. Purex hypoallergenic is 2 bucks at the dollar general, 3 bucks at walmart and doing laundry for one person lasts for months upon months.

My mother continued to (and still does) use a soap that we knew broke me out in hives. I couldn't even use the washer unless I ran a hot, empty load before I did my laundry. Started when I was 10 and continued until I moved out. Sometimes parents just suck.

Detergent makes me break out in hives too ): We couldn't figure out what it was for 6 months until my mom switched to Kirkland Castle bar soap that she graded and mixed with baking soda. I've been using it ever since! Detergent allergies are the worst. Good luck OP!

Maybe buy your own laundry soap or ask her to buy you a separate kind?

ACCOUNTKILLER 18

time to start doing your own laundry then

Just to update, the detergent that she wanted to buy is healthier for you, but very rare. Good for me, we can't find it anywhere, but we still have half a bottle left.

Try searching online and chances are you find it and can purchase the detergent you need online.

There is nothing healthy about exposing yourself to something you are allergic to. Have you talked to your mom about this? Maybe she's open to the idea of getting something different for you - especially if you are willing to do your own laundry (Hint).