By why?! - 10/09/2011 01:57 - United States

Today, my mom baked cupcakes for my visiting grandparents. Later, I saw my grandpa chowing down on them. Even later, my mom demanded to know why there were a dozen cupcake wrappers on my bed. I've essentially been framed by my own grandpa, and am now grounded for a month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 240
You deserved it 2 859

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How disgusting of you to blame it on your poor old grandpa

nick347b 6

Take your moms secret stash of chocolate and throw the wrappers on his bed.

Comments

Lol old people these days, last people you would expect

drawmesunshine 17

I can honeatly say my grandpa has never framed me for eating cupcakes.

What I meant was that most people get framed by their family members, not only their grandpa.

ShroomsOnAcid 16

Well I can honestly say that I've never been framed by a family member for anything.

I used to be framed by my little sister all the time for stealing food. After months of it continuing and me being grounded for something I didn't do, my Dad noticed my sister was gaining weight, but I wasn't. The next time she pinned stolen food on me, my Dad used a breath test on us. She finally got caught with the smell of chocolate cake in her breath. Sweet vindication!~

Just goes to show that growing up is optional.

Is it me or should the OP have put, "...demanded to know 'why' there where...?"

"why" there "were" might work better.(:

Lol I failed at being a grammar Nazi! FML.

Provide your mom a stool sample to prove your innocence. Get one from grandpa, too.

ShroomsOnAcid 16

At least it wasn't condom wrappers. Try proving your grandpa framed you on that one.

BrianAlarcon 0

Whoo grounds someone for a month for eating cupcakes!?xD

I've been grounded for less. Don't underestimate the power of groundation.

yamatelle 19

I wish I was grounded when I was younger. I got ass whoopings instead for getting in trouble. Foreign parents don't play...

I only got an ass whooping if I did something that warranted such a punishment. My Dad believed that the punishment should fit the crime. Don't clean my room? Lose several toys until I clean (even then, I'd have to wait a week). Cut my baby sister's hair with my crafts scissors? Ass whooping! I thank him for his punishments. It kept me in line over time.

yamatelle 19

I know that a lot of people don't believe in spanking but trust me, if it wasn't for a belt every now and then, I wouldn't be the person I am right now either.

ShroomsOnAcid 16

Don't be so sure, 44. I was "grounded" too when I was little but my parents were lenient and we'd make up soon afterwards and everything would go back to normal. They were relatively tolerant of misbehavior and things they generally disagreed with. When I was in my teens they respected my views for the most part, and always tried their best to understand why I did the things that they generally disapproved of. The result of it all is that I've always thought for myself, and I learned to question everything, (what's "right" what's "wrong", etc). I know other children who were completely abandoned by their parents, and it's amazing listening to a 12 year old sound like a 40 year old. Wise beyond their years. It depends on the child though. Some need the punishments, but others are best left to learn from their mistakes on their own. I'm extremely grateful for the way I was raised.

ShroomsOnAcid 16

Just to clarify, I'm not advocating abandoning your children, or anything of the sort. But I often hear people say, be a parent, children don't need you to be their best friend. I disagree with that though, it's much easier to get a child to listen to someone they respect, than someone they fear. And like everyone else, you have to earn respect to receive it. You might say you deserve it already for putting a roof over their heads, feeding them, cleaning them, etc, but remember that children don't yet have a good concept of the effort those things require. Therefore you have to make them respect you on their terms (not hard at all). I could have expressed myself better, and more concisely, but typing on a phone has its limitations, so I apologize for that.

yamatelle 19

78- I understand where you're coming from, but I'm not so sure if grounding would have worked for me as I was a trouble child. It's not like I got whoopings 24/7 though. Here's a summary of what most foreign parents are like: Spill juice on the carpet: Yelled at. Get a B in English class: Yelled at. Talk back to my parents: Ass whooping Tell my little brother to shut the **** up: Ass whooping Get a B on math or science: MAJOR ass whooping. Play games too much: They get taken away Don't put my stuff where they need to be: they get taken away and hidden for weeks. Despite all the ass beatings I got, I do not, under any circumstances, fear my parents. I just highly respect them. I guess you can say that different parents have different techniques when it comes to raising their children.

ShroomsOnAcid 16

Trust me, I know all about foreign parents, I was raised in Europe. Technically all the things you mentioned is how it would work in my house, but it was very watered down. They never hit me though, and I was a difficult child as well. I have insane respect for them putting up with all that because I would have snapped, lol. But I do know other children with "foreign parents " as well, and the way they're treated does nothing but screw them up. Ah well, each to his own, but here's to hoping those kids find their way.

i also got ass whoopings and looking back i believe they let me off easy, sometimes i dont see how they survived me -_- , in retrospect i am grateful for the whoopings especially seeing how some of my younger siblings turn out because my parents dont use those methods anymore, to me they seem much more effective and result in a more well rounded and respectfull kid

As my grandpa says, "Old age and treachery will always win out over youth and skill."

Was grandpa staying in your room? Growing up, I always had to give up my bedroom to let my visiting grandparents sleep there. It was the lumpy couch for me!