By Anonymous - 10/12/2009 17:35 - United States

Today, my math TA showed the class how one of her "dumb" students answered a test question. Everyone laughed as she wrote out the students answer, including myself, until I looked down at my answer sheet and saw that I submitted an identical answer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 952
You deserved it 29 998

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Learn to laugh at your stupidity man, otherwise life won't be as much fun! as example, it's not uncommon for me to write the biggest crap on a math test, or drawing smiley faces instead of a calculation because I have noo idea what I have to do

AGGoddess 2

That's really unprofessional. And all of you who are saying YDI don't know how well the OP did on the other questions in the test, and you don't know how hard this person studied for it.

Comments

I don't expect him to remember what he put down on question 43, but if I ask what's 2+2 and you don't remember you put 5, it means you just guessed. You're not supposed to learn for the test, you're supposed to learn for life.

If this is an FML, then everything else in your life must be amazing.

Oh, stop it. Despite the name, an FML is just a crappy moment that messes up your day. You don't have to have a miserable life to have an FML.

Uzumaki_fml 0

If she put it on the board, chances are you weren't the only one who made the error or several errors involved in the problem. Maybe instead of laughing at the dumb answer you should have been correcting your dumb answer. Add these two together and... you deserve this one.

Bio_chick 0

I am a TA, and honest to god some of the things that people write down are just hilareous. If you make up a bone on the test (aka femula instead of femur) people are gonna hear about it. Try studying sometime, it'll do wonders for your grade.

hilarious not hilareous You could try some studying yourself.

Bio_chick 0

It's so cute how you think that I care!

People are going to hear about it, yes, but it is not appropriate to call someone out--even in a way you think is anonymous--in front of an entire class. This is the kind of stuff that can get new teachers fired, and tenured teachers reprimanded or even suspended.

tash14 1

Not everyone is good at every subject, have some compassion. You apparently know Anatomy, but not spelling.

You answered, so you obviously do. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy there.

oarisimo 4

its cute when people spell a simple word like hilarious wrong while lecturing about studying....

Sounds like my English teacher. Accept he actually calls us stuff like snobby bitches that get him pissed off. He rages a lot and doesn't hold back lol

You need to talk to the professor or head of the department about this behavior. You don't have to say it was even your answer being used; you can just say you found it inappropriate for a TA to be calling any of the students in the class "dumb." At most schools, this can get the TA a reprimand at the very least, as a TA position is generally hard to get and only given to the students who the school feels really deserves it. This behavior is a bad reflection on the school.

Oscar_Wilde 0

... or he could just study and quit writing down dumbass answers.

That TA should not be in the position she's in. Whoever supervises this axx needs to know what's going on here. There was someone like this in my court reporting school, one of the readers. CR students advance through classes given at ever higher speeds, e.g., the 100 wpm class on up. This reader would roll her eyes when someone read back badly in class, even if it was their first day working at that advanced speed. I think I got her fired by telling what was going on with her.

A few weeks ago, when going over some exam questions after the test, my teacher read off one of my answers to the class. Everyone laughed. Definitely not a good feeling, though I did laugh too. :P