By anotherhuman - 30/11/2014 05:48 - United States - Tampa

Today, my little sister asked if she could play on my laptop, but I said no because I was writing an essay for school. She then bit herself hard and showed the mark to our parents, saying I did it. As they bitched me out, my sister got on my laptop and deleted my half-finished essay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 141
You deserved it 3 121

anotherhuman tells us more.

It's okay you guys, I got it all sorted out not too long after I submitted this FML. My little sister got in trouble and I received more time on my essay which I passed so everything turned out great on this one. ^__^

Comments

skittyskatbrat 19

Wow. Your parents are SUCKERED. I feel for you. :( Remember this, and when it's her birthday, hit her where it counts. Give her an empty envelope or empty, wrapped box. No card and money for the envelope, nothing but wrapping paper for the box, for her birthday/Christmas/whichever is coming up first. Tell her why; she lied to your parents about being bitten, got you in trouble, AND deleted your essay. Let her know that when she AND THEY apologize AND make up for it, you'll start giving birthday and holiday presents again. Period. If you don't, this shit will go on for YEARS. And for now, password-protect every bit of electronics you have. Learn the shortcut to "lock" a computer (it depends on the OS) and do so immediately when you leave them alone for even a second to go grab a kleenex. Good luck on this one. But no penalties...and this will continue. Hit her where it hurts. Few things suck as much as not getting a present. One of those is actually opening a box or an envelope and THEN learning there is no present. And if she complains, simply state, "Hope that was a really awesome game you played on my laptop to be worth this."

Exactly, she's a bratty little runt that needs to be punished, and with Christmas coming up, this is the perfect thing to do.

skittyskatbrat 19

#16, I'd love it if the parents tried to take OP to task for doing this, too. "Well, YOU wouldn't act like parents and discipline her, so I have to be the adult here."

Get the biggest box you can find and wrap it really pretty

And fill it with scorpions and fire ants.

I like the way #13 thinks. If you have a pet, go into her room and piss on her favorite toy or whatever she likes.

Time to go all CSI on their asses! Take picture of the bite mark on her, then bite into a piece of paper. Trace them both out, and show the differences in size, shape, formation, gaps etc. and physically prove to your parents that your sister is in fact a sneaky bitch, then focus on rewriting the essay. Revenge would be difficult, seeing as to your sister is strategically manipulative. Password protect everything, and tell your parents that they're doing something dreadfully wrong if they believed your sister without hearing your side and an even worse job if they think it's okay for her to delete your essay with impunity!

skittyskatbrat 19

"Dreadfully wrong" is probably an understatement. :( Any parents that would believe someone old enough to be writing an essay would bite a kid just for the hell of it, and be dumb enough to do it when they are home, and leave a mark...the parents are hopeless. Common sense and logic and basic reasoning skills should have told them that it was obvious that a kid did this so that they could play a game. It is total kid reasoning. They need to apologize for not just being gullible but for flat-out being stupid parents AND for giving the kid the opportunity to cause yet MORE damage by deleting the essay. OP shouldn't go easy on them. This is Parenting 101 FAIL.

It's bad when it's time to roast your own parent. But sometimes when the kid gets older, there are something's that need to be set straight in the parent. This happens in a lot of families actually. But the teen needs to make themselves be heard. Generally the longer they hold out and wait, the more harsh things can be. I once kinda blew up on my mom. To her it was a complete shock and out of nowhere. To me it was like the dam broke and everything that had built up was being let go. And some people say that you have to absolutely respect your parents, no exceptions. You should give them chances for respect and try too, but respect is earned not given. In some cases such as parents, it's best to start with respecting them, and let them keep or lose it from their choices and actions. A lot of parents think that their kids need to completely respect them no matter what. But if they don't truly earn their kids respect, then eventually the raising your voice and trying to act bigger will not work.

Respect is earned not given. Nobody is entitled to respect. Now there is a standard level of respect called decency. And if a person lacks the standard level, then we have a wide range of vocabulary for them: brat, asshole etc. Now the sister did show a lacking of the standard level by doing what she did. But I'm not quit sure as to how that shows that kids of the upcoming generation are all lacking of the standard level of respect...

paramor3 23

I'm having flashbacks of the movie 'Orphan'

Maybe it's time for Barbie to have a haircut?

I would've killed her. No questions asked