By crackie - 16/06/2016 17:45 - Korea, Republic of

Today, my job as a supervisor has become increasingly ridiculous because one employee doesn't want to do the tasks I give her. My supervisor tells me to keep working with her and giving her work. When she goes directly to him, he tells her she doesn't have to do them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 533
You deserved it 727

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There's no other higher up you can talk to? Like HR. Because what's the point of having someone work if they don't wanna do their job. Too bad you can't fire her if you can I say do it.

Comments

katachristic 19

Um... I'd start with asking OP's boss why they said it was okay to not do the work before I fired someone who was following instructions from above me. Maybe the work is inappropriate for the subordinate's job level.

Maybe he's simply informing her "you don't HAVE to work [you'll just get fired]" ?

I think you need to get this employee and your supervisor together for a meeting and say that you're all working at cross purposes here. Why is he telling you to give her tasks than then turning around and saying she doesn't have to do them? If that doesn't work, can you go over your supervisor's head with your issue?

Bonus: this started the day AFTER we had a meeting about did anyone have issues taking orders from me.

Not to mention how you are from Korea. It is a shame you cannot even voice your opinion without getting into trouble by your seniors there.

I'm a US Soldier stationed here. I can call stuff out just as if I was back in the states.

She has learned to work her boss and get paid for doing nothing, I think you need to find out if you can fire and if not because your supervisor won't let you then you need go above him.

Superbaker123 14
silverbane27 13

Sounds like time to talk to your bosses boss

What the hell? How are you supposed to do your job with that kind of illoyal behaviour? You should complain to someone.

Kinda why I put it here. In my line of work you don't really get to complain.

bloodyfreak_fml 4

I think you just posted my own fml. I'm on my third request in a month to have an employee dismissed who is protected by an owner.