By sleepless - 20/06/2009 05:28 - United States

Today, my insomnia started back up again. It was too late to get something to help me sleep so I was lying there wondering what I should do. I decided to listen to some ambient music. It helped a lot, but when I was about to fall asleep my parents decided to start doing 'it'. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 040
You deserved it 2 901

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I actually feel sorry for you, unlike the girl with insomnia who complained about the firetrucks. That really does suck. I've been there. Noise-cancelling headphones and white noise players can help. I would've taken something regardless though. Unless it's 5AM. To everyone who's going to say "Shame on you for thinking your parents don't have sex!" Or whatnot, how would you feel if you woke up in the middle of the night to your mom screaming? It's a little TMI.

ewww i heard my parents having sex too once.....its very unpleasant. especially having to face them afterwards :-/

Comments

renthead88 0

this makes me thankful for having divorced parents since second grade

voveraite 7

Sorry to interfere, but I would rather be embarassed a lot of the time than to know my parents are broken hearted and I don't have them both live with me. It is said to hear so many (teens, I guess) on this site happy with their parents being single, while those people might deeply crave the fulfillment of a relationship.

They didn't say their parents were single. They could generally mean that they would be more embarrassed had they heard both their parents having sex than maybe just one. I certainly would be more embarrassed if it were both my parents than just one with a stepmum or girlfriend/stepdad or boyfriend etc. etc. And divorce does NOT always equal a broken heart, to many marriage does.

That really sucks dude, I feel bad for you!

dancing_bear 0

If their room is close enough to yours that you can hear them having sex (unless they're really loud), they should have been able to hear the music from yours and at least wonder if you were awake before they started. Either way FYL, the next morning can't have been much fun.

Um. The OP was probably listening to music with headphones?

First off, OP, I can just imagine your reaction when you had this moment: "EWW, EWW, EWW, EWW, EWW, EWW!!!!!" Secondly, wow, that sucks. FYL.

No one wants to know thier parents have sex. Still you are born so it's not like you didn't know they did.

goalie20 0

awkward! get headphones or sleeping pills

Insomnia is the inability to obtain an adequate amount or quality of sleep. The difficulty can be in falling asleep, remaining asleep, or both. People with insomnia do not feel refreshed when they wake up. Insomnia is a common symptom affecting millions of people that may be caused by many conditions, diseases, or circumstances.

I actually feel like I wrote this but I didn't is it totally selfish if I said I actually feel better that other people have heard their parents having sex because I hear it rather frequently, and it doesn't get less and less disturbing every time

Natadance4eva 0

^^^^agreeeed! it never gets less disturbing! D: