By Anonymous - 19/10/2015 09:26 - United States - Lexington

Today, my husband won't seek medical treatment for a condition he's been living with for years because he saw an episode of House, in which the treatment made the condition worse in a very rare instance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 068
You deserved it 1 827

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh television... Well tell him that for his own good, if he wants to stay alive in your house, he should go see treatment. I hope he gets better, good luck OP!

Maybe contact a physician and explain the condition so that they may attempt to make contact with your husband and explain the benefits of treatment.

Comments

To me, House is worse than Web MD in escalating things. Consider mentioning that House is meant to be exaggerated to create drama and grab the viewers attention because it is in fact, a fictional show.

Just wait till he sees the Walking Dead. Your house will be boarded up and fortified before you know it with a stockpile of food, water, and ammunition for the impending apocalypse.

He's an adult. If that's the way he wants to live his life then he can deal with the consequences later.

But as an adult with a family you need to also consider how the consequences will affect them. He shouldn't be selfish.

Pretty ironic considering House would call him an idiot.

And then spend the next 20 minutes mis-diagnosing him before finally figuring it out just as he's about to die.

tiger820 20

he must be born and raised in Kentucky too!

And you're from west philadelphia, born and raised?

Schizomaniac 24

On the playground is where you spend most of your days?

Tell your husband that House is mostly bullshit. It's like reading a Wikipedia article and deciding what the best thing is to do based on that. Except, Wikipedia is much more accurate than House.

Very true #24, House is v serious scrubs, fun to watch but not real life

It is actually moderately accurate as far as basic symptoms and diagnoses go. Many of the cases are based loosely off real life cases. They just exaggerate how fast everything happens and how extreme it gets.

dont most house episodes have a happy ending..