By facepalm - 28/12/2009 10:35 - Singapore

Today, my husband was fired for chatting online for the third time in a month during office hours. Who was he chatting with? Me, telling him to get off the chat programme so he wouldn't lose his job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 206
You deserved it 12 922

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I can't believe people could be such dumbasses. People, do you think while he was working innocently that she was ABLE to tell him that on IM? No, he must've been on IM, she logged on and saw him, and said something like," Get off IM now! You're going to get fired!" And the husband idiotically responded back," Ok fine! btw do we have any toast left?" or something along the lines of that that kept the conversation going resulting to him being fired.

matineesuxxx 1

how is this so confusing? she was in the Chat to Tell him to get off so He wouldnt get fired.. BTW fyl and He better learn or dump his ass

Comments

Yikes haha They could have just blocked it really...

plutosaplanet 0

the problem is if the wife knew the husband being online and chatting could get him fired (it wouldnt at my job) im assuming he has been warned before and told her about it. so hes an idiot for chatting even once after being told not to do it and what the consequences for such actions would be.

dude247 0

this is still an fml cuz her husband lost his job and there losing money

razorp 0

it's your fault for talking to him stupid

There were obviously other ways to tell him to get off, so YDI in a way.

Uh if he was on AIM or whatever program they use anyway she was probably on it, saw him log on, and was like "WTF are you doing?!" my ex was fired for this stuff too, they kept blocking all the ways he would get around it and then they finally fired him. Said he was wasting too much time online. and he was. his boss also was fired for it too. idiots.

I can't believe people could be such dumbasses. People, do you think while he was working innocently that she was ABLE to tell him that on IM? No, he must've been on IM, she logged on and saw him, and said something like," Get off IM now! You're going to get fired!" And the husband idiotically responded back," Ok fine! btw do we have any toast left?" or something along the lines of that that kept the conversation going resulting to him being fired.

trex23t 0

Why? This guy knew that he could loose his job for this, he chose to do it anyhow. Now he has to take responsibility for his actions, which means he has to accept that he was fired and find a new job to prevent his family from suffering for his stupidity. I have no sympathy for him, although I do feel bad for his family, he obviously didn't think about them and what would happen if he CHOSE to loose his job. As far as I'm concerned, breaking policy (especially after being warned before) was a choice on his part, and it was a poor choice. FherLife for being married to an idiot who obviously can't get his priorities straight.

ironstove 0

your husband sounds like an epic failure. you should divorce him before you regret being married to him 20 years down the road.